Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Repeating Calendar events don't sync properly when created off-line - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Repeating Calendar events don't sync properly when created off-line iCloud Calendar sync issues

#1 User is offline   mike429 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

This is a very specific and reproducible problem. I use iCloud to keep my MacBook Pro and iPhone calendars synchronized. During the day I have my laptop with me at work, but not connected to the Internet. While at work and disconnected from the Internet, I might create a repeating event and assign it to a particular calendar, say, "Blue". I can add a location, a URL, a note, and attach a file. Then I go home and open up the laptop, which is now connected to the Internet. Calendar.app starts to synchronize with the iCloud. Right before my eyes, my "Blue" repeating event disappears from Calendar.app. About twenty seconds later it reappears "stripped down". It now shows as "Red" (my default calendar for new events), it is a single event instead of repeating, and all supplemental info is gone (location, notes, URL, attached file). So the only thing that iCloud kept (or, the only thing that Calendar sent) was the event title and day/time of the first occurrence. This same stripped down red version now appears the same in Calendar.app, my iPhone, and on the iCloud web site. Creating repeating events is a very common aspect of my work-flow, so this is extremely frustrating.

If I create a similar event on the laptop while at home and connected to the Internet, everything works as expected, and my "loaded" repeating event is pushed up to the cloud and back down to my iPhone with everything intact. Also, I created a repeating event on my iPhone while it was in Airplane Mode, and then reconnected to the Internet by turning off Airplane Mode -- no problem there either: my laptop received the repeating event from iCloud.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this or can you reproduce this?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users