Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mail Retains Password

#1 User is offline   boharr 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I would like Mail to ask for my password when I open it. But it keeps entering my password automatically in preferences even when I delete the password and save. Next time I open Mail my password has been automatically entered. I also cannot find anything in Keychain Access that will fix this. How do I fix this?

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

View Postboharr, on 05 February 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I would like Mail to ask for my password when I open it. But it keeps entering my password automatically in preferences even when I delete the password and save. Next time I open Mail my password has been automatically entered. I also cannot find anything in Keychain Access that will fix this. How do I fix this?

You don't fix it because it's not broken. If the behavior is not to your satisfaction, you can file a feature request with Apple (where it will be prioritized against other things based on demand and other considerations) but your only practical short term solution is to find a different mail client that offers the functionality you want.

#3 User is offline   Cyclopsed 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

• Make your account a protected parental account and white list the apps you want to allow. You will know the separate admin user/password to allow launch of prohibited apps. Voila - any app you want is now password protected.

Other solutions here:

http://apple.stackex...individual-apps

#4 User is offline   boharr 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostCyclopsed, on 11 March 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

• Make your account a protected parental account and white list the apps you want to allow. You will know the separate admin user/password to allow launch of prohibited apps. Voila - any app you want is now password protected.

Other solutions here:

http://apple.stackex...individual-apps

#5 User is offline   boharr 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Thank you!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic