Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: CrystalPro Monitor has a hard-to-beat price - Macworld Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: CrystalPro Monitor has a hard-to-beat price

#15 User is offline   FStopDesign 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

bwolfe22 said:

Save your money. This monitor (and many other IPS monitors) are NOT compatible with a mac

that's funny, the second review is from a Mac user and apparently it works for their Mac Pro. I have a MBP with mini display port and would like to know the real deal on the compatibility.
http://www.monoprice...rmat=4#feedback

Are you sure it wasn't the fact that it needs the dual link cable and not the cheaper DVI to mini display adapter?

#16 User is offline   Lonelyfridge 

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

bwolfe22 said:

This monitor (and many other IPS monitors) are NOT compatible with a mac (I tried it with both a mini and a mbp). Spoke with a technician at monoprice to confirm. Their web site now states that it is not compatible with any mac at this time.

Works just fine on my Mac Pro with a Radeon 3870. If I had a mini-DP to dual-link DVI, I would try it on some other Macs.

#17 User is offline   tamosius 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

What about bleeding backlight in Monoprice monitors? I bought more expensive model that has display port and is mac compatible but back light bleeding is quite bad, so returning that one back.

#18 User is offline   Stilbroke 

• Pip

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Catleap! I live in Seoul and had one of these until it got nicked... They work very well!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users