• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

force vpn as default network connection

#1 User is offline   phillyman 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my fathers laptop. He uses it everywhere and indiscriminately. I have seen him in unprotected/open networks log in to banking, SS, trading platforms and more.
I have a VPN platform setup but he forgets to turn it on. I have tinkered with the settings and basically would like the internet not to work if the VPN is turned off or disconnected.

My hope was that if I delete all network interfaces and only leave the VPN, nothing would work (no email, web etc.) until he manually or using VPN loader (computer automatically) turned the VPN on. Sadly this doesn't seem to work since if I delete the network interface the VPN also cannot find the network.

Anyone have a good idea? One issue I've had with automatically having the VPN connect is that if the connection is dropped, it takes the computer a moment to reconnect that is why I would to force ALL outgoing traffic ALWAYS to go through VPN.

I know this is pretty extreme but a couple of people I know have been going through identity theft hell.

Thanks for helping set this up.

Philly

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users