#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Post your comments for The Macalope Daily: Not cool, bro here

#2 User is offline   LynnRCarter 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

"Three guesses who was CEO when Apple started selling iPhones at Walmart and none of them count, because it was Steve Jobs not Tim Cook."

I love it when you use facts. Such an amazing concept. I'm confused, however, why it still isn't catching on. I guess it requires this other amazing thing called "work".

Keep up the great writing! A great way to start the day.

#3 User is offline   tfmeehan 

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Seriously? These guys have been wrong nearly every time they've written about Apple. Spectacularly wrong. Now we're supposed to think they know "cool"?

Keep up the verbal wedgies, maybe someday they'll get the hint.

#4 User is offline   lwdesign 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

There should be some kind of IQ and basic observational testing required for anyone wanting to become an "analyst", pundit or "journalist", where fundamentals would include the ability to tell the difference between an observed fact and a hunch or opinion. It is so wearying to see that Apple is no longer cool to copy in China, yet iPhones are selling like hotcakes in China. This is called spin. It's also called an agenda. It's also call bat crap crazy in less polite circles.
An excellent example is the article that came out today showing Apple being WAY more profitable than Exxon and every other tech company in the world, yet Wall Street has convinced investors that Apple is on their way down, thus artificially forcing the stock price down. Them humans are easy to confuse and stampede, even when nothing is wrong and there's no danger.
Beware of the Chicken Littles among us. Apple's sky is firmer and higher than it's ever been. They have record profits and sales, and TONS of customer confidence.

#5 User is offline   Hologram 

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Maybe people are starting to figure out that knockoffs "aren't cool".

Few things scream "I'm a loser" louder than a beautifully crafted, well executed Rolex knock-off.

A poorly rendered imitation with "Rolex" misspelled on purpose on the other hand oozes self-confidence by stating "made you look, no, I'm not a Rolex, I'm not trying to be a Rolex, I tell time and I'm perfectly happy doing that."

#6 User is offline   TheHeeNow 

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

and TONS of customer confidence.

I'd leave out this part, for it is the sole kernel with the power to bring down Apple.

There are people right now buying $2,000+ devices from Apple who have no idea that the day after tomorrow they may not be able to run some Apple software or service or peripheral. Their options? Zero. Or possibly Windows Vista.

Putting Apple on a pedestal is the surest way for it to fall squarely on your head.

#7 User is offline   SuperMatt 

• PipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

There are people right now buying $2,000+ devices from Apple who have no idea that the day after tomorrow they may not be able to run some Apple software or service or peripheral. Their options? Zero. Or possibly Windows Vista.

Is Apple going to disable every Mac user's copy of iPhoto the day after tomorrow? Heck, even iWeb, which has been abandonware for years, still runs fine on my Mac. And I can still even use cyberdog on my old Performa 6116CD if I feel like it. How is this dreaded Mac-apocalypse going to happen?

Is this Chicken Little posting? I know the Macalope is very popular with his fellow mythical beings...

#8 User is offline   lwdesign 

• PipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

and TONS of customer confidence. I'd leave out this part, for it is the sole kernel with the power to bring down Apple. There are people right now buying $2,000+ devices from Apple who have no idea that the day after tomorrow they may not be able to run some Apple software or service or peripheral. Their options? Zero. Or possibly Windows Vista. Putting Apple on a pedestal is the surest way for it to fall squarely on your head.

Specifics please. What software won't run on $2000+ devices the next day? This is ridiculous statement. Adobe Software discontinued GoLive, it's designer-friendly web development tool, about 6 years ago. I'm still using it on a Mac running Snow Leopard, although I'm seriously looking at their new Muse product.
Apple isn't on a pedestal, they just make good stuff that works extremely well and is engineered exquisitely. The billions of dollars they make every quarter doesn't come from people being fooled into buying their products, but from very satisfied customers who actually LIKE using their products. Apple's sustained growth from 2000 is proof that they're pleasing their customers.
I don't agree with everything Apple does, however, like eliminating the CD/DVD drives in the Mac mini and iMac. I still use my drives for backup and for sending and receiving files to some clients. I'm hoping when the time comes for the Mac Pro refresh that they don't eliminate them from the new machines, but if that happened, I could always buy an external CD/DVD drive. Your doom and gloom about options being zero is simply trollery, or you have an agenda and just like to trash Apple and Apple users--or you're a Windows user who knows nothing of the Mac systems and infrastructure.

#9 User is offline   Duskrider 

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I've always said that being a weatherman would be the perfect job: no accountability, no accuracy. Just throw your guess out there, get your paycheck and go home.

Now however, I think being a pundit is an even better choice. You don't even have to get the season right! Dang... who are the smart ones, after all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users