Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Flickr bug makes users' private photos public - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flickr bug makes users' private photos public

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Post your comments for Flickr bug makes users' private photos public here

#2 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

"The problem came as a particular blow to one user's food blogging site."

It sounds to me like it's time for the quoted food blogger to actually purchase the service s/he needs for hosting images, rather than to rely upon a free service. It's one thing to use free services to get a site off the ground, or for development of ideas, or for very small personal projects. But when you find yourself with hundreds of images that need static IPs, it's time to pay for what you get, to turn the phrase. :)

#3 User is offline   patriotusa 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

"The problem came as a particular blow to one user's food blogging site." It sounds to me like it's time for the quoted food blogger to actually purchase the service s/he needs for hosting images, rather than to rely upon a free service. It's one thing to use free services to get a site off the ground, or for development of ideas, or for very small personal projects. But when you find yourself with hundreds of images that need static IPs, it's time to pay for what you get, to turn the phrase.

If she has links to hundreds of images, she very well could be a Flickr Pro user, which means she is paying for the service. I like Flickr for the very reason that it does offer so many controls in terms of privacy, groups, guest passes, etc. It makes the site useful from a business perspective that sites like 500px are not. I also have a 500px "plus" account, but I would never upload images for client review, etc. because the groups and privacy controls are not there.

#4 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

patriotusa: if the blogger has actually paid for the service, then indeed the anger is completely understandable! Thanks for raising the possibility.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users