Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Napkin a novel image annotation program with an attitude - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Napkin a novel image annotation program with an attitude

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Post your comments for Review: Napkin a novel image annotation program with an attitude here

#2 User is offline   EGM 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

This review should have mentioned that Napkin requires OS X 10.8, making it irrelevant to about 60-65% of Mac users - including all those who, like me, still need Rosetta for any reason. I'm not saying that you'd have to say "won't run under System 7," but any time a system restriction limits a package to fewer than half of all Macs in use, a review is incomplete unless it states that. (Makes one wonder what other important facts, whether they are system restrictions or anything else, may have been left out.)

#3 User is offline   MADSCI3NCE 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Sounds like an interesting piece of software I'll keep an eye on. Hopefully they will add the ability to make some of the element adjustments you mentioned. I could see this being very useful as an IT guy to send a visual explanation to a user I can not, for whatever reason, interact with directly.

#4 User is offline   fredfx 

• Pip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Uh.....Skitch does all this and it's free. It will also automatically dovetail with your Evernote account seamlessly.

It looks like these guys took a look at Skitch and said, we can probably do the same thing AND charge for it.

http://evernote.com/skitch/

#5 User is offline   rundougrun 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Check out SnagIt...

http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic