Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 USB Cable Use of longer cable

#1 User is offline   KMWAZ 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have a new scanner for my office but I am unable to locate it close enough to use the 6 foot USB cable. I asked Fujitsu about using a longer cable and they replied "they don't support anything longer then a 6 foot cable" but I was wondering if it would work? Would I be better off with a longer 1 piece cable? ANd extension of the 6 foot cable? Use a powered USB hub to extend from the computer to the 6 foot cable or? Appreciate the help.

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostKMWAZ, on 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I have a new scanner for my office but I am unable to locate it close enough to use the 6 foot USB cable. I asked Fujitsu about using a longer cable and they replied "they don't support anything longer then a 6 foot cable" but I was wondering if it would work? Would I be better off with a longer 1 piece cable? ANd extension of the 6 foot cable? Use a powered USB hub to extend from the computer to the 6 foot cable or? Appreciate the help.

It might work, but you won't get any help from Fujitsu if it does not (that is what it means when they say they won't support it). You won't really know unless you try it.

#3 User is offline   KMWAZ 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

View Postsmax013, on 21 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

View PostKMWAZ, on 21 February 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

It might work, but you won't get any help from Fujitsu if it does not (that is what it means when they say they won't support it). You won't really know unless you try it.

Thanks for the help. I was hoping I might get someone who has tried it to see if there have been any issues. I have tried an extension cable and it has worked on a couple scans.

#4 User is offline   samwhite 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Fujitsu scan snap ix500 doesn't need a USB cable at all - It's wireless (except for electricity :)) - You don't even have to have a PC - you can control it and view all files from your mobile device

Read about it here http://www.squidoo.c...-scanner-review

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users