Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ideas for logging/mapping water wells

#1 User is offline   waterwelldriller 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

hey everybody, thanks for the forum and hopefully you guys can help me out. me and my dad own/operate a small water well drilling business. i've looked around a little online but dont really know what to look for. i would like to convert almost 30 years of water well notes (customer names, addresses, notes on the well structure, etc) onto some type of program or app that i could use from now on. its gonna be a pain to type all that stuff over, so i'm hoping theres something out there that will work really well so i'll get fired up enough to do it. something gps where i can type someones address or be standing on a property and it show me any jobs i have nearby and be able to click on the job and see how deep that well went, etc. which is very nice to have handy when drilling and quoting prices. btw i have a macbook and we both have iphone 5s. thanks, and any advice is very appreciated.

oh yea, is it possible create a makeshift underground map of my area using the well notes.. ??

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postwaterwelldriller, on 21 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

hey everybody, thanks for the forum and hopefully you guys can help me out. me and my dad own/operate a small water well drilling business. i've looked around a little online but dont really know what to look for. i would like to convert almost 30 years of water well notes (customer names, addresses, notes on the well structure, etc) onto some type of program or app that i could use from now on. its gonna be a pain to type all that stuff over, so i'm hoping theres something out there that will work really well so i'll get fired up enough to do it. something gps where i can type someones address or be standing on a property and it show me any jobs i have nearby and be able to click on the job and see how deep that well went, etc. which is very nice to have handy when drilling and quoting prices. btw i have a macbook and we both have iphone 5s. thanks, and any advice is very appreciated.

oh yea, is it possible create a makeshift underground map of my area using the well notes.. ??

Depending on how technical you want it to be, a "regular" database program might work. You could look at Bento or Filemaker Pro. Both have Mac versions and iPhone & iPad versions. I believe Bento might have some mapping functionality, but I don't know for sure.

#3 User is offline   waterwelldriller 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

thanks for your response. i checked out the sites you mentioned, but doesnt look like what i'm after. the best sites i've seen are those like batchgeo.com or maptive.com. both of which have free versions, but no more than 2500 pins. i would be pushing this limit, and will definitely pass it in the future if not already. both of those sites are 1200+$ per year for a full on membership with more pins... holy smokes im not paying 100$ a month.

#4 User is offline   waterwelldriller 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

anybody have any ideas?? i like how those sites i mentioned incorporated programs like microsoft excel. should i be logging this info onto a spreadsheet in excel in the meantime while searching for the right spot to load it? any help is appreciated, thanks again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users