Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: MS Outlook Calendar to iCal does sync with iCloud - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MS Outlook Calendar to iCal does sync with iCloud

#1 User is offline   pinkstom 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I use MS Outlook 2011 and its Calendar functions. I can drag a Outlook Calendar event to iCal and have it show up just fine in iCal on my Mac. I can create an event in iCal and it replicate to the iCloud and all my other Macs. The Outlook events that show up in my local iCal app do NOT replicate to iCloud and my other Macs.

Has anyone else run across this problem and have an idea what may be a solution other than manually creating a duplicate event in iCal?

LLaP
Mike

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

View Postpinkstom, on 22 February 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

I use MS Outlook 2011 and its Calendar functions. I can drag a Outlook Calendar event to iCal and have it show up just fine in iCal on my Mac. I can create an event in iCal and it replicate to the iCloud and all my other Macs. The Outlook events that show up in my local iCal app do NOT replicate to iCloud and my other Macs.

Has anyone else run across this problem and have an idea what may be a solution other than manually creating a duplicate event in iCal?

LLaP
Mike

I believe it is because iCloud now uses pure "Internet" based calendars (i.e. CalDAV) rather than a local calendar that then gets "synced" like MobileMe did.

The end result is that I don't believe there is any way to get calendars from Outlook into iCloud that I am aware of other than pure manual solutions.

http://support.micro....com/kb/2648915

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users