• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting to know iTunes 11's Up Next player

#15 User is offline   hswt 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I listen to my music in iTunes a lot of the time using Shuffle Mode (sort of like listening to a radio station). One of the things that is missing from Up Next is the ability to add songs and have them randomly added thus preserving the "Shuffle Mode-ness" of the list. The lack of this ability is particularly irritating when I want to add a whole album. I don't want to hear the whole album at the beginning or end of the list. I want to here selections from it spread randomly throughout the list.

#16 User is offline   firedune 

• Pip

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

"It lacks the ability that iTunes DJ had to choose songs at random from your music library" --- not really. I have a shuffle, repeat-all of my music playlist constantly running in Up Next and then add specific tracks or albums I want to listen to at the top of that and it returns to the shuffling once those are finished.

iTunes DJ was way more powerful than that...

check the discussion at apple forum:
https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0
(now 35 pages long!!!)

I am not upgrading to 11 until iTunes DJ is back or "Up Yours" is improved

#17 User is offline   wolvryn 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Up next is pure frustration when compared with DJ. When in playback mode and whilst continuing to add songs to up next, when the next song starts playing it auto scrolls back to that song when you have advanced down the list for further songs. Cannot find anything online that stops this.

#18 User is offline   icerabbit 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postwolvryn, on 01 June 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Up next is pure frustration when compared with DJ. When in playback mode and whilst continuing to add songs to up next, when the next song starts playing it auto scrolls back to that song when you have advanced down the list for further songs. Cannot find anything online that stops this.

I have experienced similar things while trying to work on playlists and organizing music, that the playback causes it to always jump to that next song as it starts and you always have to find your way in your library again to what you were looking at.

#19 User is offline   yenzer 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

YosemitePaul said:

How can I revert back to the previous version of iTunes?

Once you run 11 your iTunes library is synched to 11. If you try to run 10 with your 11 synched library you get an error message stating that thi9s library was created with a different version.

Good Luck, I feel your pain!

#20 User is offline   yenzer 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

bettercitizens said:

I am still using iTunes 10 on ML. Should I "upgrade" to 11?

If you ever feel compelled to upgrade to 11, please take a sharp clam shell and scoop out your brain matter instead.

#21 User is offline   yenzer 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

For the love of God and all things holy and not. I beg of you, please tell me how to rid "Up Next" from iTunes 11.

Do I need a priest? An Exorcism?
"UP NEXT" is an evil spirit out to destroy my soul.

Save me!

#22 User is offline   DBS1957 

• Pip

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

willman said:

"lacks the ability that iTunes DJ had to choose songs at random" This can be your next article. It is a little obscure, but the DJ functions are there. You need to be in your music library. Select SONGS (this will also work with VIDEO if you have any). Select one song in your music library so that it starts playing and then look at the UpNext Queue. You should see the next songs in your song according to the way they are currently listed (probably alpha). But, if you click on the random icon (just to the left of the UpNext Queue icon) so that it turns blue, you will see a random list of UpNext songs from your whole music library. Is that not DJ?

#23 User is offline   DBS1957 

• Pip

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Damned if I can get any of this to work. Something that was SO simple and was what I loved about Apple products has been made SO complicated. I cannot get any icon next to the UpNext queue to work. Just give me a button I can press so that I can listen to a random selection of music.

#24 User is offline   Vandalprime 

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Un-intuitive, unclear and badly executed like too much that Apple has been recently foisting out onto the public. Customers should not need to do research on websites like this to figure out basic functionality and all the idiotic little buttons and 'helpful' extras that current designers think are so cool. Apple used to make design that didn't need any research to figure out. It's sad to see them becoming more and more like Microsoft.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users