Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Four productivity-boosting replacements for stock iOS apps - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Four productivity-boosting replacements for stock iOS apps

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Post your comments for Four productivity-boosting replacements for stock iOS apps here

#2 User is offline   mickeyg007 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

The best app that replaces iCal and any tasks app is the wonderful miCal.

The basic app brings the calendar only and an in-app purchase adds the the very complete task addin.

The interface is beautiful, very well organized, clear and one can get a daily, daily list, week month year view. etc etc etc

The daily view has all the appointments and tasks and the views therefrom are quite extensive.

It syncs with Google calendars and Ical perfectly and effortlessly (now, if someone could figure out how to sync Google with Outlook 2011...)

I have been using it for years and cannot recommend it enough (I have no financial ties or otherwise with the company or any of its management....(

#3 User is offline   darkelf 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

"Currently for Gmail users only" should immediately strike Mailbox from the list. That's the opposite of an "alternative".

#4 User is offline   tfigs121 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

I prefer to use Any.do over the Reminder app. My biggest gripe with Reminders is simply that the alert sound is too short and does not repeat. I have missed many Reminders because of that.

#5 User is offline   adairnet 

• Pip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

i've been using "weekCal" for the past year or so instead of the built-in calendar app. i pretty much like everything about it except the name ;-)
it also has copy/paste/duplicate/move type options as well as you can create bookmarks/favorites/templates to make adding new events quick (super quick). -2¢

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users