Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Help please. - Macworld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help please.

#1 User is offline   akji 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 13-March 13

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hey everyone i have a macbook 10.6.8 2GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram. Can someone tell me exactly what i need to buy so i can stream on my Lcd tv.
0

#2 User is offline   smax013 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 06-July 07

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Postakji, on 13 March 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hey everyone i have a macbook 10.6.8 2GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram. Can someone tell me exactly what i need to buy so i can stream on my Lcd tv.


What brand and model of TV? Does it have an HDMI port? Or a VGA port?

Depending on which version of the MacBook you have, you will have either a Mini-DVI or MiniDisplayPort for video out. Either way, you should be able to get either a DVI or VGA adapter. If you have a VGA port on the TV, then you can just use a standard VGA cable to the TV from the VGA adapter on the MacBook. If you have an HDMI port on the TV, then you can use a DVI to HDMI cable to go from a DVI adapter on the MacBook to the HDMI port on the TV (for sound, you likely can use just an audio cable from the MacBook's audio port to the TV...many HDTVs have an audio input port with one the HDMI ports that is meant to be used with a DVI connection).

If you don't have either a VGA or HDMI port on the TV, then it get more difficult.
0

#3 User is offline   akji 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 13-March 13

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

I have a vizio lcd tv and i order a mini dvi to hdmi and it didn't fix it was to small,so yea i dont know which cord to buy.

This post has been edited by akji: 17 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

0

#4 User is offline   JackMac 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,263
  • Joined: 07-March 02

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postakji, on 17 March 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have a vizio lcd tv and i order a mini dvi to hdmi and it didn't fix it was to small,so yea i dont know which cord to buy.

Is your macbook the white plastic Core 2 Duo from 2007? http://www.everymac....rosa-specs.html
If so I think this should work: http://eshop.macsale...ech/CBLMDVIVGA/
If not explore everymac.com futher to get the info you need
The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.
Demetri Martin
0

#5 User is offline   akji 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 13-March 13

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostJackMac, on 18 March 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

View Postakji, on 17 March 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have a vizio lcd tv and i order a mini dvi to hdmi and it didn't fix it was to small,so yea i dont know which cord to buy.

Is your macbook the white plastic Core 2 Duo from 2007? http://www.everymac....rosa-specs.html
If so I think this should work: http://eshop.macsale...ech/CBLMDVIVGA/
If not explore everymac.com futher to get the info you need


That's rite sir i have the white macbookhere more info on my macbookModel Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07

This is the core i ordered http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and the mini dvi end is to small for my macbook.

This post has been edited by akji: 21 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

0

#6 User is offline   smax013 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 06-July 07

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postakji, on 21 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

View PostJackMac, on 18 March 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

View Postakji, on 17 March 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have a vizio lcd tv and i order a mini dvi to hdmi and it didn't fix it was to small,so yea i dont know which cord to buy.

Is your macbook the white plastic Core 2 Duo from 2007? http://www.everymac....rosa-specs.html
If so I think this should work: http://eshop.macsale...ech/CBLMDVIVGA/
If not explore everymac.com futher to get the info you need


That's rite sir i have the white macbookhere more info on my macbookModel Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07

This is the core i ordered and the mini dvi end is to small for my macbook. "Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Cable"


A Mini-DVI and MiniDisplay port are NOT the same.

This is what you want:

http://store.apple.c...dapter?fnode=53
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users