Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Review: Heart of the Swarm a big step in StarCraft II's evolution - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review: Heart of the Swarm a big step in StarCraft II's evolution

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Post your comments for Review: Heart of the Swarm a big step in StarCraft II's evolution here

#2 User is offline   patriotusa 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Excellent review. As much as I was looking forward to is expansion, I never had any expectation that the single-player campaign would live up to Wings of Liberty. There are two reasons for this: The first reason is WoL is a classic. Having replayed the WoL single-player campaign recently, I still marvel at how they made an RTS feel like an RPG, and a really good RPG at that. The second reason is what the reviewer alludes to, namely the Zerg "support characters" just don't have any personality to them. And this is understandable given that the game series previously never treated the Zerg as anything but mindless killing machines, perhaps organized by an "Overmind." Like the reviewer I have a hard time buying into the "command crew" that Kerrigan interacts with, but how do you add character to, or interact with, a bug anyway? This is very unlike WoL, which had varied and interesting supporting characters like Tychus, Tosh, Matt Horner, Mengsk, etc. That said, I will take any excuse to play more Starcraft 2 missions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users