Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Icons in Mountain Lion

#1 User is offline   waltedp 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

I am a long time Mac user and in the past, one could create a custom icon by pasting a picture on a folder's icon in the "get info" screen". There was a while when I did not do this, but now I wish to do so. It seems to work very poorly in Mountain Lion. I still want to create my own icons from pictures - how do I do this?? Or can I?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postwaltedp, on 23 March 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

I am a long time Mac user and in the past, one could create a custom icon by pasting a picture on a folder's icon in the "get info" screen". There was a while when I did not do this, but now I wish to do so. It seems to work very poorly in Mountain Lion. I still want to create my own icons from pictures - how do I do this?? Or can I?

Thanks

It's done exactly the same way as it has since Apple introduced the feature. Can you describe what you mean by it working very poorly?

#3 User is offline   waltedp 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

View Postbastion, on 23 March 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

View Postwaltedp, on 23 March 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Thanks

It's done exactly the same way as it has since Apple introduced the feature. Can you describe what you mean by it working very poorly?

oops - after I posted I logged out and then back in and it worked. This kind of mild reset cures a lot of problems - when I think to use it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users