• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot use RDWeb from a MAC

#1 User is offline   GoHeelsHB 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out an issue that I have with a user. Basically, we have setup a Windows 2008 Server using RDWeb, so users that have a PC, open Internet Explorer go to the RDWeb URL and then type their username/password and log in. Then they can select their PC in the office and access their PC. Well, lots of the users have a MAC at home and when they try to access the site using Safari or Firefox they receive the following message:
OS Version Not Supported.
RD Web Access does not support this operating system. To see a list of supported operating systems, click here.

Well, I've researched and understand that this will not be supported on a Mac using RD Web Access. Is there any other alternative that I can suggest so that a user with a Mac can use RD Web Access to access their PC in the office?
I understand RDP is supported, but I need an option for using RD Web Access.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostGoHeelsHB, on 04 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out an issue that I have with a user. Basically, we have setup a Windows 2008 Server using RDWeb, so users that have a PC, open Internet Explorer go to the RDWeb URL and then type their username/password and log in. Then they can select their PC in the office and access their PC. Well, lots of the users have a MAC at home and when they try to access the site using Safari or Firefox they receive the following message:
OS Version Not Supported.
RD Web Access does not support this operating system. To see a list of supported operating systems, click here.

Well, I've researched and understand that this will not be supported on a Mac using RD Web Access. Is there any other alternative that I can suggest so that a user with a Mac can use RD Web Access to access their PC in the office?
I understand RDP is supported, but I need an option for using RD Web Access.

Thanks

You might see if anything in this thread helps:

http://www.chicagote...fad19ce3e8af9f9

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users