Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mysterious Apps

#1 User is offline   Privatte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

New apps keep popping up on my iPhone that I didn't purchase. These apps don't show up in the iTunes account on my laptop either. Anyone know what's going on?

This post has been edited by Privatte: 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

#2 User is offline   teddym 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

that seems super suspicious. I'd probably wipe that phone. I'd even contact apple support about that. Super suspicious.

#3 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostPrivatte, on 05 April 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

New apps keep popping up on my iPhone that I didn't purchase. These apps don't show up in the iTunes account on my laptop either. Anyone know what's going on?

You've confirmed that the AppleID in use on your phone is the same one that's in use for iTunes on the laptop?

#4 User is offline   Privatte 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View Postbastion, on 09 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

You've confirmed that the AppleID in use on your phone is the same one that's in use for iTunes on the laptop?

#5 User is offline   Privatte 

• Pip

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

One account is .mac the other is .me, I assume that is all one account. My previous iPhone was given to the grandkids but they established their own iTunes account.

#6 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostPrivatte, on 09 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

One account is .mac the other is .me, I assume that is all one account. My previous iPhone was given to the grandkids but they established their own iTunes account.

I think that's where the solution is. Your assumption that the two accounts are the same is false and I wouldn't be surprised, regardless of whether the grandkids have their own account, if the ID on your old phone is still the same as the one one your current one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users