Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TechHive crossposts on Macworld

#1 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Quite a few times I find myself inadvertently redirected to another site by following a story link on Macworld. And that's not entirely bad by itself, but I do wish there was a way to comment on those stories in the Macworld forums, rather than having to register a user ID and password on yet-another site.

Some of those TechHive stories are in bad need of editing before they get posted (or crossposted). For example, today
http://www.techhive....real-money.html

The title reads "Bitcoins just topped $200 in real money" which is ludicrous. A news story about a $200 company? Really? Or is it $200 Thousand? Nope, the $200 figure is repeated in the body text, so it must be correct. Later in the story, we see the garbled statement "...the company has plans to separate their front-end site the trading platform in order to avoid these types of attacks". Perhaps a cut/paste error. But an error of some kind nonetheless. Then at the end of the story we find out that the company was worth $2 Billion. Though maybe they meant $2. I wouldn't dare guess.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users