Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GarageBand '11 and buffer size

#1 User is offline   bvipond24 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Hello all, just wondering if anyone with GarageBand '11 knows how to increase the buffer size? I'm trying to record multiple tracks at once but I'm getting those clicks and pops present from a low buffer size. Any help on this topic is much appreciated!

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postbvipond24, on 09 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Hello all, just wondering if anyone with GarageBand '11 knows how to increase the buffer size? I'm trying to record multiple tracks at once but I'm getting those clicks and pops present from a low buffer size. Any help on this topic is much appreciated!

Not on a Mac right now to confirm. Does GB's prefs window still have a page for audio settings? There is (or used to be) radio buttons to toggle between a couple of different buffer sizes. Also: what kinds of input devices are you using? You might need to confirm that the system's sample rate is compatible with what the devices are spitting out.

#3 User is offline   bvipond24 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Postbastion, on 09 April 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

View Postbvipond24, on 09 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Not on a Mac right now to confirm. Does GB's prefs window still have a page for audio settings? There is (or used to be) radio buttons to toggle between a couple of different buffer sizes. Also: what kinds of input devices are you using? You might need to confirm that the system's sample rate is compatible with what the devices are spitting out.

There is still a preferences window for the page you have in question, but the radio buttons aren't there to toggle buffer sizes. I've seen screenshots where the radio buttons were there, but either I don't know how to make those buttons appear or the screenshots were taken using an older version of GarageBand. I'm guessing it's located elsewhere, but I'm not sure, or maybe the Audio MIDI Setup utility would help but again I have no idea.

The system's sample rate seems to work in GarageBand with the input devices I'm using; it's just when I use multiple input devices that this problem occurs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users