Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Apple & PC compatible printer - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Apple & PC compatible printer Ability to print wireless from PC & Mac to same all-in-one printer

#1 User is offline   DirtyJunk 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

My wife bought a new Dell laptop and printer 2 years ago. This was the only PC used on the printer via wireless. I bought my Mac Book Pro w/ OS Lion a year later. My Mac Book Pro does not recognize the printer. I would like to get a better all-in-one printer anyway, so was wondering which printers are compatible using a PC & a Mac. I know most all printers are compatible with one or the other, but there is nothing really said about configuring the printer to accept both. We just want to be able to configure one printer in our household to accept both of our computers at anytime.

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostDirtyJunk, on 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

My wife bought a new Dell laptop and printer 2 years ago. This was the only PC used on the printer via wireless. I bought my Mac Book Pro w/ OS Lion a year later. My Mac Book Pro does not recognize the printer. I would like to get a better all-in-one printer anyway, so was wondering which printers are compatible using a PC & a Mac. I know most all printers are compatible with one or the other, but there is nothing really said about configuring the printer to accept both. We just want to be able to configure one printer in our household to accept both of our computers at anytime.

Most printers are compatible with both Windows and the Mac OS. I don't recall ever encountering a recent printer that will not work with both.

What model is the Dell printer?

While it is possible that Dell does not offer any drivers for it, I would be surprised.

The issue might be that you are using a "direct" WiFi connection between the Dell laptop and the printer. Is it a Bluetooth printer?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users