Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Should I create a new account for my business - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should I create a new account for my business Should I make a difference between my personal files and my companys

#1 User is offline   Phonzee 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hello every body,

Well as the title says I am thinking about create a new account in my Mac only for my business. I have my personal account where I have my personal mail, music, photos and so on. Now I started my company and I've mixed my mails, photos calendar notes avery thing with my personal information.

Do you think I should create a new accoutn only for my business and split the info??? should I still be able to sync with my iPhone?

Hope you can help me

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Phonzee, on 26 April 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Hello every body,

Well as the title says I am thinking about create a new account in my Mac only for my business. I have my personal account where I have my personal mail, music, photos and so on. Now I started my company and I've mixed my mails, photos calendar notes avery thing with my personal information.

Do you think I should create a new accoutn only for my business and split the info??? should I still be able to sync with my iPhone?

Hope you can help me

Kind of depends on you.

I can say that if you do setup two accounts, then you will not be able to sync the iPhone through iTunes in both accounts. You could still have a business iCloud account and a personal iCloud account (or through some other service) that will allow you access to Contacts and Calendars...but items that directly sync through iTunes will be off limits with two accounts...you would have to pick one account to sync through iTunes.

Personally, I keep them intermixed...but I could see some people who like to have some separation.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users