Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Automator with Transmit

#1 User is offline   DeathRobot 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi. I've created a folder action in Automator, where any files I drop onto it upload to a favorites folder on my ftp server via Transmit. I would like to change the script so that when I drop a file on the folder a dialog comes up that asks me to input a folder name. It would then create a new folder on the ftp server with that name, and drop the files in it. Is this possible? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Chris Breen 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostDeathRobot, on 01 May 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Hi. I've created a folder action in Automator, where any files I drop onto it upload to a favorites folder on my ftp server via Transmit. I would like to change the script so that when I drop a file on the folder a dialog comes up that asks me to input a folder name. It would then create a new folder on the ftp server with that name, and drop the files in it. Is this possible? Thanks.

You could try this:

Use Transmit to mount the server on your Mac.

Then create a folder action that goes like this:

Get Selected Finder Items

New Folder

In the New Folder action click Options and check the Show This Action When the Workflow Runs option. This is what will cue you for a new folder name. Drag the mounted FTP server to the Where pop-up menu.

Now, when you drop an item on the host folder you'll be prompted for a name for a new folder. Enter it and click Continue and the Folder (with whatever you dragged to your original folder) will appear on the server.

#3 User is offline   DeathRobot 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thanks very much, Chris! This works great.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users