Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: iTunes 10: takes two attempts to open iTunes - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iTunes 10: takes two attempts to open iTunes Takes two attempts to open iTunes.

#1 User is offline   drlevbk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I have iMac 27" summer 2012 with 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 and 4GB RAM / Mac OS 10.6.8. My iTunes 10.7 (I do not want to upgrade to iTunes 11) behaves strangely. Most of the time, it I try to open it ( regardless of: by clicking on the icon in the dock, the icon in the Application folder or the library icon in the iTunes folder) it will not open on the first attemp: the icon will keep jumping and the "Force Quit Application" window shows that "iTunes is not responding". Holding "alt" key to choose the Library when opening iTunes has no effect if it fails to open. Besides, I have only one iTunes Library.

However, if I force to quit stalled iTunes and try to open it again by any of the above methods, it opens and functions with not problems. Often, if I quit and try to open iTunes again later, it will open normally. But at some point later or the next day, it will require again two attempts to open including "force quit" after stalling on the first try. After shut down and re-restarting the computer, iTunes in my set up always require two attempts. It never happened to me before and does not happen on my 2011 MacBook Air with the Mac OS, Applications and Documents configuration basically identical to the iMac, except iTunes Libraries which are different.

Any ideas?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users