Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Can't receive email after host provider repaired servers - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't receive email after host provider repaired servers

#1 User is offline   azace 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Apple Mail 4.6. email was fine until brinkster servers went down for three days. Now back up but I still can't receive mail from any brinkster mail box on either apple computer. Tried checking/unchecking SSL, restarted mail several times, rebooted computer twice.

Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postazace, on 17 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Apple Mail 4.6. email was fine until brinkster servers went down for three days. Now back up but I still can't receive mail from any brinkster mail box on either apple computer. Tried checking/unchecking SSL, restarted mail several times, rebooted computer twice.

Any ideas?

Have you tried it on any other computers, such as a Windows computer, with a different email client?

Have you talking to Brinkster to see if they changed any of their email server settings?

#3 User is offline   azace 

• PipPip

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postsmax013, on 18 May 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

View Postazace, on 17 May 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Any ideas?

Have you tried it on any other computers, such as a Windows computer, with a different email client?

Have you talking to Brinkster to see if they changed any of their email server settings?

Yes. Same problem on my laptop. Brinkster insists they changed nothing. After working with it I discovered apple mail can actually connect with their server. It just can't download the mail. Same experience with every Brinkster account on both computers.

#4 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Are you using IMAP or POP? According to their website, you can use either.

#5 User is offline   azace 

• PipPip

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postsmax013, on 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Are you using IMAP or POP? According to their website, you can use either.

Good question. I have always used POP not realizing I could use either. So I switched to IMAP and it works. Not sure why POP no longer does. I called them and still get "I don't know."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users