Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wifi fix from ios 7? Wifi fix and ios 7

#1 User is offline   tugosinty 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hello does anyone know if the ios 7 fixes the greyed out wifi?

Ever since on my iphone 4s from upgrading to ios 6.1.3 my wifi greyed out. No bluetooth, no wifi

Help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   ferwindjacks 

• Pip

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

As a developer using iOS 7, and using an iPhone 4S, I can tell you I have newfound issues with wifi. With iOS 6, I never had an issue, but now my wifi is being greyed out, and 99% of the time I cannot even find the wifi network. I tried multiple fixes too. Be aware that this is only a beta and will probably be fixed upon final release.

-fer

#3 User is offline   yunggodz 

• Pip

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

The store (Verizon) could try yet another refurbished iphone to you but its a chance if that problem is corrected and you may end up with something worse.

If you are paying you more than likely using your Asurion Insurance since the only time you pay is your deductible. Or the dreaded verizon line of you had water damage, or the box was empty, or never received back which is a whole other set of issues.

I read some of those forum posts last night and it seems you can call applecare for free on that new os issue and Apple was saying a patch would be given if they keep hearing of the wifi or bluetooth issues.

When I use a network I just use my primary wpa security network. I turn off guest networks and my iphone connects while I am getting out of my car. I see other networks on my phone but they don't interfere with my home network connections.

If you have all these other additional networks in your home you may have a conflict which causes that connection problem.

#4 User is offline   somms 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

tugosinty, on 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Hello does anyone know if the ios 7 fixes the greyed out wifi?

Ever since on my iphone 4s from upgrading to ios 6.1.3 my wifi greyed out. No bluetooth, no wifi

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this issue starting last week, after the 6.1.3 upgrade which I did on the phone.
It started dropping wifi, then couldn't find wifi signals , then finally was completely greyed out.
If anyone is experiencing this issue, as mentioned before use:-

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559

Apple suggests to reset network settings , but this didn't work for me, I had to reset all settings, but this deletes the password for your saved wifi networks so you need to enter it again, it also deleted my home screen picture. ( not important).

However, I've read tons of complaints on - it would seem- iOS .6.1.3 affecting iPhone 4S wifi stability.
The work around solution offered by Apple works, for a while at least. The problem is - on my 4s- that is looses wifi after a couple if hours.
So convinced was I that this was not a hardware issue on my iPhone I registered for an iPhone development account, and installed the iOS 7 beta2 software on my phone. It hasn't dropped or lost or greyed out wifi for over 24 hours now.

If your phone is out of warranty, don't get a new one, there's nothing wrong with it!!!! This is an Apple induced software...ahem ....feature on iOS 6.1.3 . Come the iOS 7 general release , I think most of you will find, that iPhone 4s's that have mysteriously developed wifi problems after iOS 6.1.3 installs , will miraculously repair themselves after an iOS 7 install.

Don't get me wrong, iOS7 is beta and has a load of bugs. Not only that but iOS7 can only be legally downloaded- at the present moment- if you pay 60 GBP / year for singing up for a development account.
Still better than paying hundreds for a new iPhone, or paying for an exchange. I did it cause I have no intention of listening to some APPLE store " genius" tell me my hardware is broken and I need a new phone, when in actual fact it's caused by a software bug installed by apples pisspoor software testing on cross platform , just to constantly try to stay ahead of the "evil" jail breakers.

Apple took this post down from support forums

#5 User is offline   Jeunne 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

i just upgraded my 4s to iOS7 last night and no, it didn't fix my wifi. my cellular data still works though.

#6 User is offline   nanowaffle 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

So I just downloaded iOS 7, the official version last night, and ever since then I haven't been able to connect to my home Wifi. I put in the password correctly, and the loading circle spins. The little wifi bars pop up in the top left over my 4G symbol like it has connected, but then it just says "Unable to join NetworkName" and then doesn't connect. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#7 User is offline   sandbag1 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

nanowaffle, on 20 September 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

So I just downloaded iOS 7, the official version last night, and ever since then I haven't been able to connect to my home Wifi. I put in the password correctly, and the loading circle spins. The little wifi bars pop up in the top left over my 4G symbol like it has connected, but then it just says "Unable to join NetworkName" and then doesn't connect. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You may as well try this. Go into the WiFi settings and click on the i within the circle. That will take you to the screen where you can click on "Forget This Network". After your network is rediscovered, you will have to enter your password.

If you've already tried this, sorry.

This post has been edited by sandbag1: 20 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

#8 User is offline   MacRock 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

This is a huge topic on the Apple forums. People are threatening class action suits. I am amazed no editor at MacWorld is addressing this.

Here's one unhappy updater:

Apple Support Communities
Re: wifi doesn't work with IOS 7
created by Bin Kroon in Using iPhone - View the full discussion

Dear Apple moderators,

I can clearly see you are reading what we are writing on these pages.

Maggie's comment was just "sanitized" of the class action part and with in two minutes after I posted my message in reply to her it was removed.

So at least we know Apple is actively aware of this major iPhone 4S Wifi problem we are all experiencing

Instead of just removing our messages -which clearly have something to do with our unhappiness with Apple's support- would it not be so much better if you -Apple- would just address these issues we are experiencing?

Why do you read our messages, our frustration, our anger, our despair, and moderate and censor these messages, but why do you NOT SIMPLY ANSWER us and show us that you truly care about your clients!

You read, moderate, censor and stay quiet..... But it becomes more and more clear you -Apple- are fully aware of what is going on.

You have seen so many people asking for an answer, now show you care about your customers:

DON'T JUST MODERATE US. TALK TO US.

Thank you.

////////////

Here's a link to the thread.... 47 pages long and counting.

https://discussions....rt=690&tstart=0

tugosinty you're not alone. My iPhone 4S got hot and fried and won't work at all after the "upgrade".

Mac

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users