Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Mac software with AI / DEVONThink alternatives? - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mac software with AI / DEVONThink alternatives?

#1 User is offline   joej 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I am in the middle of a DEVONThink Pro Office (DTPO) evaluation. I like the 'see also' feature which suggests files similar to the one I am looking at. I own DEVONSphere Express but it appears to be crippled in that the 'see also' feature only returns a fraction of the results of DTPO (I made both index the same folder of files for an equal comparison). I emailed DEVONTechnologies and they (somewhat) confirmed that DEVONSphere Express is crippled in this regard when compared to DTPO. This is not surprising.

Doo seems to suggest they have something like this but it is indicating it needs 46 days to do OCR on all of my files and i can't judge it well yet. It has some interesting features but the design is a bit 'wonky' and I wonder why they offer the software for free. How will it be sustainable?

Does anyone know of any other apps with 'artificial intelligence' like DTPO for analyzing and categorizing TXT files and PDFs?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users