Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Advice from an Apple Tech: Your first time under the hood - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advice from an Apple Tech: Your first time under the hood

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

Post your comments for Advice from an Apple Tech: Your first time under the hood here

#2 User is offline   glj 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm a little concerned about two changes to the certification qualifications.

You no longer have to go to a test center, and take a proctored exam. What will stop a test-taker from cheating on the exam?

You no longer have to take a yearly re-certification exam. Might a technician forget an important but infrequently-used fact? And what will ensure that the technician will learn new technologies, after he/she takes the exam?

#3 User is offline   Moeskido 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I've been fortunate in that, of the almost two dozen Macs I've added RAM, drives, or PCI cards to since 1990, none appear to have suffered much more than a misaligned optical drive in a first-gen Mac mini. Some of these Macs were mine, many belonged to clients or employers, and I never cracked a case without having a full set of instructions to constantly refer to.

The first instructions I remember were a MacConnection videotape hosted by two very nice cornballs who proceeded to walk users through adding RAM to a Mac SE. I wish I still had that tape.

#4 User is offline   Passerbuy 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Apple certified that`s a laugh,because my iMac has been sent away,and had the screen replaced about a half a dozen times. Then they gave me a brand new one,and guess what after six month`s the screen fault came on that one.
I wrang them up and asked what was causing it. The tech guy said has far has it goes the screen was faulty,and we have replaced it with a new one.
I asked where did the other iMac go to,he replied or that get`s sent away to Apple`s boffins.
You can go on every Apple site,and every body has a problem,and we try to help each other.
I think we are very short on Apple store`s in the UK,my computer was picked up by courier and took to the tech guy`s.
To prove they are not very good a question mark started to appear on all my folder`s,and I phoned them up. He replied you must have knocked an icon off the toolbar dock. He talked me through it,but it was no good and left him baffled. I created a brand new folder with the question mark still on it,and I was looking at the menu you had to pick from with the left click on the mouse,but by accident I right clicked and notice said remove this object. I fixed the problem by accident!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users