Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Adobe Audition CC: solid upgrade hampered by subscription pricing - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adobe Audition CC: solid upgrade hampered by subscription pricing

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Post your comments for Adobe Audition CC: solid upgrade hampered by subscription pricing here

#2 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Adobe got it wrong. And they are pretending like the vocal majority is a tiny minority. I really am seriously looking for alternatives for every piece of software they make that I use. I have already replaced Acrobat. InDesign and Illustrator.
Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#3 User is offline   akeller 

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Vote with your wallet.

#4 User is offline   lasvideo 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Over 36,000 folks have signed.They don't like Adobe CC licensing.Show @Adobe how you feel. https://www.change.o...scription-model

Another more fiscal way to show @Adobe you dont like the CC licensing scheme.http://adobe2014.tumblr.com #adobe2014

#5 User is offline   Rugby 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

lasvideo said:

Over 36,000 folks have signed.They don't like Adobe CC licensing.Show @Adobe how you feel. https://www.change.o...scription-model Another more fiscal way to show @Adobe you dont like the CC licensing scheme.http://adobe2014.tumblr.com #adobe2014

Yeah just signed :)

#6 User is offline   lasvideo 

• Pip

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Nice! :D

#7 User is offline   PeterJennings 

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

With individual app pricing everything has automatically become the same price for the sake of simplicity when just a year ago the price of these apps ranged from $300 to $1000. That's some pretty massive market fluctuation in price, kind of makes me wonder about how we perceive the value of things.

Audition used to be $349 while Photoshop Extended, After Effects & Speed Grade used to be $999. Now they are all worth the same amount, even though the latter are much more useful programs (I assume Speed Grade is, it didn't exists when I got CS5) with more functionality and Audition should not cost as much as they do.

#8 User is offline   KernelG 

• PipPip

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

leicaman said:

Adobe got it wrong. And they are pretending like the vocal majority is a tiny minority. I really am seriously looking for alternatives for every piece of software they make that I use. I have already replaced Acrobat. InDesign and Illustrator.

Curious: What did you find to replace InDesign and Illustrator?

I plan to pay for Photoshop CC, because I do use it daily. But those two, sometimes I don't use them for months at a time. I'd love to find up and coming replacements.

(And on topic: I'm an audio pro. I would never pay for Audition this way. There are MANY alternatives when it comes to 2-track editors.)

#9 User is offline   lewis42 

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

KernelG said:

l(And on topic: I'm an audio pro. I would never pay for Audition this way. There are MANY alternatives when it comes to 2-track editors.)

Which would you recommend for a beginner? I plan to do a lot of editing and so believe 'ripple delete' will be useful, but Garage band doesn't support that right?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users