Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Binding a Mac Binding a Mac to a Windows domain

#1 User is offline   GoHeelsHB 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

So, I have a Mac running 10.8 and I'm trying to bind it to our windows domain. This is the only Mac that is having this issue for binding to the windows domain.
Basically, the user has to log in with a local user account and work. When they try to log into their network account at the login page, the screen just shakes and says incorrect username or password.
I have already tried to unbind the Mac to the domain and rebind to the domain, but this works correctly, but when the user tries to log in with the network account, they are not able to.
I have checked the time which is correct.
When the user tries to access their folder on the network, they are not able to even when logged in locally.
In Directory Utility, under Administrative, I have unchecked 'Allow Authentication from any domain in the forest'
Under Accounts, I see the green dot and the domain name. I have made sure the user is trying to log in with their domain account, but not able to.
I have verified they can log in with username/password on a PC.
Could this be a permissions issue?
Anyone with suggestions?
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

GoHeelsHB, on 20 July 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

So, I have a Mac running 10.8 and I'm trying to bind it to our windows domain. This is the only Mac that is having this issue for binding to the windows domain.
Basically, the user has to log in with a local user account and work. When they try to log into their network account at the login page, the screen just shakes and says incorrect username or password.
I have already tried to unbind the Mac to the domain and rebind to the domain, but this works correctly, but when the user tries to log in with the network account, they are not able to.
I have checked the time which is correct.
When the user tries to access their folder on the network, they are not able to even when logged in locally.
In Directory Utility, under Administrative, I have unchecked 'Allow Authentication from any domain in the forest'
Under Accounts, I see the green dot and the domain name. I have made sure the user is trying to log in with their domain account, but not able to.
I have verified they can log in with username/password on a PC.
Could this be a permissions issue?
Anyone with suggestions?
Thanks!

I believe this is an issue with Mac OS 10.8. Is the computer running the latest version (i.e. 10.8.4)? I believe it has some fixes to some Active Directy/Domain related issues.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users