Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: iMac 2013 - Macworld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iMac 2013

#1 User is offline   axel69100 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 01-August 13

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hey guys,
I am a French student and I ofently check MacWorld for apples' news!
I am going to buy an IMac but I am wondering myself if I have to wait for the 2013 model... I don't want to buy it after August, because I need it, but I can do an exception !
I am waiting for your suggestions,
Thanks for all,
Axel
0

#2 User is offline   JackMac 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,263
  • Joined: 07-March 02

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postaxel69100, on 01 August 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

Hey guys,
I am a French student and I ofently check MacWorld for apples' news!
I am going to buy an IMac but I am wondering myself if I have to wait for the 2013 model... I don't want to buy it after August, because I need it, but I can do an exception !
I am waiting for your suggestions,
Thanks for all,
Axel

Axel,
It seems an update should be at hand but only Apple knows for sure. check here frequently: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iMac
The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.
Demetri Martin
0

#3 User is offline   axel69100 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 01-August 13

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Thank you for your answer JackMan,
If you have to buy an iMac, will you wait or buy it ?
I think that the 2012 model is a great computer, so, that's why I'm wondering myself!
0

#4 User is offline   smax013 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,177
  • Joined: 06-July 07

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postaxel69100, on 02 August 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Thank you for your answer JackMan,
If you have to buy an iMac, will you wait or buy it ?
I think that the 2012 model is a great computer, so, that's why I'm wondering myself!


There is no magic answer to that question that so many people ask, especially with Macs (it is a bit easier typically for things like the iPhone or the various iPods as Apple has more or less settled in on a fairly regular schedule for them...of course, they could change that at any time).

My standard response to this type of question is that you need to decide how badly you need it. If you need it now, then get it now. If you can wait and are willing to wait, then it is probably better to wait. Thus, it is always a function of that particular individual's needs/situation.

So, since I am not you, I cannot really say whether or not you "need it now" or not.

There is really no way to tell when Apple will update it. It could be tomorrow...it could be sometime next year. The MacRumor's "Buyer's Guide" is about a good as you are going to get in terms of any idea when it might happen...and it is not really that helpful at the end of the day.

My best suggestion is to wait as long as you can until you really need the new computer. If that is now, then get it now. If you can wait until the end of August, then wait until the end of August. And only you know how long you can wait.

The other important thing is that if you buy at any point before the eventual update to the iMac, you should accept the fact that it is very possible that Apple will release the new one at some point where you will still be tempted to "kick yourself" for not waiting. So, be prepared to live with that...and try not to dwell on it if it happens.

I realize that none of the above really answers the question and likely does not help much, but the reality is that no one can really help much.
0

#5 User is offline   axel69100 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 01-August 13

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

View Postsmax013, on 02 August 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

View Postaxel69100, on 02 August 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Thank you for your answer JackMan,
If you have to buy an iMac, will you wait or buy it ?
I think that the 2012 model is a great computer, so, that's why I'm wondering myself!


There is no magic answer to that question that so many people ask, especially with Macs (it is a bit easier typically for things like the iPhone or the various iPods as Apple has more or less settled in on a fairly regular schedule for them...of course, they could change that at any time).

My standard response to this type of question is that you need to decide how badly you need it. If you need it now, then get it now. If you can wait and are willing to wait, then it is probably better to wait. Thus, it is always a function of that particular individual's needs/situation.

So, since I am not you, I cannot really say whether or not you "need it now" or not.

There is really no way to tell when Apple will update it. It could be tomorrow...it could be sometime next year. The MacRumor's "Buyer's Guide" is about a good as you are going to get in terms of any idea when it might happen...and it is not really that helpful at the end of the day.

My best suggestion is to wait as long as you can until you really need the new computer. If that is now, then get it now. If you can wait until the end of August, then wait until the end of August. And only you know how long you can wait.

The other important thing is that if you buy at any point before the eventual update to the iMac, you should accept the fact that it is very possible that Apple will release the new one at some point where you will still be tempted to "kick yourself" for not waiting. So, be prepared to live with that...and try not to dwell on it if it happens.

I realize that none of the above really answers the question and likely does not help much, but the reality is that no one can really help much.



Thanks a lot for all these responds! I think that I am going to wait as long as it is possible, and buy it!
It is a difficult question to answer, yes! However, thank you for the answers because it is ofently difficult to find!
0

#6 User is offline   JackMac 

  • Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,263
  • Joined: 07-March 02

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

[/quote]Thanks a lot for all these responds! I think that I am going to wait as long as it is possible, and buy it!
It is a difficult question to answer, yes! However, thank you for the answers because it is ofently difficult to find!
[/quote]
These forums are a great source of information and advice so keep your questions coming and also your answers. Several years ago I intentionally bought my Mac the day after it was discontinued. It was all I wanted and more, and it served me well for over six years. In fact, even though I replaced it for day-to-day use I still have occasion to fire it up for certain tasks.
The point being that your Mac will last you for years, in most cases, and even if a new model comes out that doesn't me the one you just bought won't be great for you.
The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.
Demetri Martin
0

#7 User is offline   axel69100 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 01-August 13

  Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

[/quote]
These forums are a great source of information and advice so keep your questions coming and also your answers. Several years ago I intentionally bought my Mac the day after it was discontinued. It was all I wanted and more, and it served me well for over six years. In fact, even though I replaced it for day-to-day use I still have occasion to fire it up for certain tasks.
The point being that your Mac will last you for years, in most cases, and even if a new model comes out that doesn't me the one you just bought won't be great for you.
[/quote]
Thanks a lot again, I did my choice, I bought the 2012 model and even if the 2013 comme, that is a good thing!
1

#8 User is offline   iHailCaesar 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 02-June 13

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

I know that new is great, but is there anything that the current stable of Macs cant do that you need them to do? I always tell people that if you need a computer but a computer, you will never buy anything if you wait because something new will always come along.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users