Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preview Find function will not work.

#1 User is offline   grovesy15 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

The "FIND" function with Preview currently will not work for a specific document, despite previously working. It is also working for all other documents/PDFs.

I have obviously done something to change this for the specific PDF....any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 if that matters. Preview is version 6.0.1 (765.6).

- Tyler

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postgrovesy15, on 22 August 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

The "FIND" function with Preview currently will not work for a specific document, despite previously working. It is also working for all other documents/PDFs.

I have obviously done something to change this for the specific PDF....any thoughts? Thanks!

I'm running OS X 10.8.4 if that matters. Preview is version 6.0.1 (765.6).

- Tyler

Have you tried making a duplicate of that PDF document in the Finder and then trying the "find" function in the duplicate document?

#3 User is offline   grovesy15 

• Pip

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Hi Smax,

Thank you for the reply and your help.

Unfortunately I have tried making a duplicate, and it still did not work. I've also tried "printing" it and saving it as a PDF, but no luck there either.

My Preview in general has been a bit sketchy these days...freezing when I save, being very slow, etc.

Anyway I can uninstall and reinstall? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postgrovesy15, on 01 September 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hi Smax,

Thank you for the reply and your help.

Unfortunately I have tried making a duplicate, and it still did not work. I've also tried "printing" it and saving it as a PDF, but no luck there either.

My Preview in general has been a bit sketchy these days...freezing when I save, being very slow, etc.

Anyway I can uninstall and reinstall? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

I am not aware of any way to JUST uninstall & reinstall Preview, although that does not mean it is not potentially possible. You might be forced to do a complete reinstall of the Mac OS if you want to "reinstall" Preview.

Have you tried Acrobat Reader to see if it will work better with that particular PDF? I am not suggesting you switch to Acrobat Reader on a long term basis (personally, I find Acrobat Reader to be WAY slower than Preview), but it might help determine if there is a problem with THAT PDF file.

#5 User is offline   grovesy15 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Still no luck.

I re-downloaded a new PDF of the same file (i.e. deleted the old one, downloaded a new one) and the "FIND" function worked for about a week, and then it stopped again! Very bizarre...something is happening with the specific file I imagine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users