• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broke website issues continue on

#1 User is offline   leicaman 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

Well, two new issues have shown their ugly heads with the website.

1: It no longer accepts my username in the login. I have to use my email address. Why did this change? It's not a big deal, but now I have to modify my 1Password entry for Macworld.

2: The more serious issue is the login seems to be totally broken for Safari in iOS 7. The dialog pops up, I put in my credentials (both username and email address) and password and hit "Sign In" and nothing happens. The dialog just hangs there and blocks going to the page logged in.

It's amazing how a company can call itself one we should trust on tech topics when they can't even get a simple log-in to their website correct. Granted that iOS 7 just arrived yesterday. But not only that, it requires us to log in over and over and over again even though we don't delete the cookies in our browsers. I suppose that's a security thing, right? Well, that's fine and dandy, but coding a log-in dialog box can't be that hard could it? Everyone else seems to get it right. And yet there've always been issues with MacWorld logins, their forums, etc.

Why should I spend my time at a technology website that can't even get those basic things right? I want to stay here. I like a lot of what you do. I even subscribe to the print magazine. But it's really getting to me these niggling little issues that shouldn't be hard to fix.

And I have to add that TecHive and PCWorld have the same problem in Safari for iOS 7.

This post has been edited by leicaman: 19 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Eric

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

#2 User is offline   TeaEarleGreyHot 

• Veteran
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

View Postleicaman, on 19 September 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Well, two new issues have shown their ugly heads with the website.

1: It no longer accepts my username in the login. I have to use my email address. Why did this change? It's not a big deal, but now I have to modify my 1Password entry for Macworld.

2: The more serious issue is the login seems to be totally broken for Safari in iOS 7.

Hey leicaman,

As far back as I can remember (the last few years, at least) the Macworld site has always required my email address for log-in. If it didn't for you, maybe you were special?

Not having iOS7, I cannot comment on that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users