• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Post your comments for Get to know iOS 7: Calendar and Contacts here

#2 User is offline   Hagar_t 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

how does the feature work to add commute info to your calendar? This was shown on the WWDC event. It also alerts you on in the Today section of the notification centre when you need to leave.

Or did this feature not make it? I cannot find anything on it.

#3 User is offline   kate17359 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

my husband works shifts and preffered to view in a list so can clearly see what the next day looks like compared with the current without all the pressing days etc. quite cleary see by coloured dots at side who it was for too.

how can I revert to older version ios6.??

#4 User is offline   tfigs121 

• PipPip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

kate17359 said:

my husband works shifts and preffered to view in a list so can clearly see what the next day looks like compared with the current without all the pressing days etc. quite cleary see by coloured dots at side who it was for too. how can I revert to older version ios6.??

I prefer the list view as well. Looks like the easy solution is to simply tap on the search icon and list view is there.

#5 User is offline   rameeti 

• PipPip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

A very odd but disturbing thing happened to me. I used Siri to make an appointment. I told Siri "Make an appointment with Margaret for 10 oclock tomorrow." Siri Replied, "Do you want me to create an appointment with Margaret Lewis for 10 o'clock?" I said yes and Siri created the appointment and showed it to me. Siri did in fact make an appointment but did name it 'Appointment'. So I then manually changed the description from 'Appointment' to 'Haircut'. Now for the weird part: Margaret received 2 emails. Each email was an invitation for her to join me as an invitee. First she got the 'Appointment' invite, then she got the Updated email. Yes, my contact list does have Margaret in it with her email address. But the issue is that I have never configured my Reminders app to send anyone invitations to my appointment reminders! I shudder to think what would happen to the 'boss' who creates a reminder to 'Fire' Ted on Friday after locking down the security of the office and instead finding that 'Ted' gets an invitation for the event. So not fun for the boss..

#6 User is offline   vizualgraphix 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

[quote name='rameeti']
I think you're a tad confused here @rameeti on two things.

(1)
even in iOS6 Siri would have named the calendar event "appointment" had you said that same phrase: "Make an appointment .." That hasn't changed. You should have said: "Schedule haircut with Margaret tomorrow 10am" then Siri would have named the event "Haircut" and invited Margaret by email to just ONE appointment.

(2)
you're confusing Calendar Events with Reminders. Reminders don't send email invites to anyone... only calendar appointments do. So the boss in your example would not get in trouble if he said: "Remind me to fire Ted on Friday"... Siri would create a reminder for 9am Friday, but Ted would not get any emails.

#7 User is offline   pipkoi 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ive updated my operating system on iPhone and iPad. No problems on iPhone but have lost al my contacts on iPad.
Tried syncing with iTunes and even restoring using my iPhone - but to no avail
Any help or ideas please

#8 User is offline   Hal 

• PipPip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I updated the two iPhones (model 5) in our house to iOS 7 and noticed that when I scroll to the bottom of the list that the number of contacts doesn't appear anymore on either phone. Is this a bug or do I need to tweak some setting?

#9 User is offline   jlmackel 

• Pip

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

I updated my iPhone to IOS 7 and many (BUT NOT ALL) of my contacts have lost information such as address, some of the e mail addresses, birthdays etc. what happened? can I restore the contacts to before the update (I use Time Machine)? how?

#10 User is offline   Wendy 

• Pip

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

I absolutely HATE the new calendar. The monthly view with all the appointments in one place was incredibly useful. Now the most detailed view I can see is five days and five hours. I hate that there is only a single dot on the monthly view on days I have something scheduled, regardless of the number of events on that day. And the dot is gray, which is utterly meaningless; is the event personal, work-related or a to-do item? What is it? When is it? Who knows? And what purpose does all that white space serve? I feel like the designer's primary goal was to get this interface into the design collection at MoMA.

I also hate the "hierarchical" approach to the calendar --- too much swiping and tapping. Do I really care about accessing the calendar for 2018? Nope. And Apple has completely ignored its own operations; the double-finger expand and reduce functions don't work here.

Apple has a history of intelligent, user-focused design, consistently adhering to the core principle that things should be obvious, easy and informative. But this iteration of the calendar is cute and artsy, and completely dysfunctional. Steve Jobs would never have let this leave the shop.

#11 User is offline   ciagdds 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

pierrevalade said:

kate17359 said
my husband works shifts and preffered to view in a list so can clearly see what the next day looks like compared with the current without all the pressing days etc. quite cleary see by coloured dots at side who it was for too. how can I revert to older version ios6.?? Hi Kate, for most people that don't have a lot of events in their calendar, the new version from Apple doesn't work very well. I'm the co-founder of another calendar app, called Sunrise. You can find it on the AppStore, the list view works well there.

#12 User is offline   Todybear 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

How do you delete an event from Calendar in IOS 7. Used to be simple, now can't see how and no info on how available.

#13 User is offline   Todybear 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Todybear said:

How do you delete an event from Calendar in IOS 7. Used to be simple, now can't see how and no info on how available.

Never mind. Found it. Hadn't scrolled far enough down. The old method was better though.

#14 User is offline   aod215 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

The "plus icon" on the top right corner of my calender is grayed out, and won't let me create any events. how do i fix this??

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users