Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: The 10 best new photography features in iOS 7 - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The 10 best new photography features in iOS 7

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Post your comments for The 10 best new photography features in iOS 7 here

#2 User is offline   barddzen 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

I still am baffled why Apple chose not to add a camera timer to iOS7. It's the one feature that seems so drop dead obvious and yet hasn't shown up yet.

#3 User is offline   snagitseven 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

barddzen said:

I still am baffled why Apple chose not to add a camera timer to iOS7. It's the one feature that seems so drop dead obvious and yet hasn't shown up yet.

There's an app for that. Several, in fact.

#4 User is offline   rthuringer 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Come on, you want everything now? Gotta wait for iOS 8 or 9. Baby steps man, Baby steps. :-P

#5 User is offline   cashxx 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

I haven't even noticed did they take away the maps showing where you took photos at? That was useful! I hope they didn't, will have to check now!

#6 User is offline   mc4o1993 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

barddzen said:

because that pretty much requires a tripod, or a way to mount the camera.. not something people carry around with a phone. (yes, glifs and similar, but the majority of iphone users don't have one).

and to be honest, you're the first person I've seen raise this question. I don't think anyone (else) cares that much.

#7 User is offline   justaman 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

iphone 5 under expose as iphone 4? that's terrible

#8 User is offline   michaelant 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Regarding #9 Control Center launch - Instead of unlocking and swiping up for Control Center to access the camera quickly, if the phone is asleep all you have to do is hit the home button to wake, then swipe up on the camera icon lower right. Don't even have to unlock the phone. Very fast. If you're already using the phone, then Control Center is great. But out of pocket, tap and swipe up once is nearly as fast as a point and shoot.

#9 User is offline   JonnyM 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I've discovered a location glitch. Any photo I've manipulated with Snapseed now shows up in my collection as having been taken in China, even though I'm in Ohio. Same problem for any photo I export from Snapseed to Instagram. Granted, this may not be an Apple problem but a Snapseed problem though.

#10 User is offline   Spiff 

• Pip

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

In previous incarnations of iOS, the Camera app wouldn't take the picture until you *released* the shutter button, allowing you to frame and focus.

In iOS 7, the app takes the picture as soon as you press the shutter button. It's much more prone to shake and misfocusing the new way. I wish they'd change it back.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users