Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Ten apps every iPhone 5s and 5c user should own - Macworld Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ten apps every iPhone 5s and 5c user should own

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Post your comments for Ten apps every iPhone 5s and 5c user should own here

#2 User is offline   bonaccij 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

I'm surprised that the Apple productivity suite and/or Evernote are not mentioned in this review. You would think a productivity app would be more "important" that, say, Vine...

#3 User is offline   agree499 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'm surprised the Netflix app is on the list considering the number of comments on the App store site there are saying it doesn't work at all under IOS7.

#4 User is offline   cashxx 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

I gave up on Google Maps. Every time I look something up the marker is off by a mile or so and sometimes it takes me to a different location than I need. All I use it for now is for a better overview of a location when I go there by using maps.google.com. Other than that I think its useless. Sad because they have been doing it now for how many years and Apple got all the grief for when it had issues. All in all I still usually use my Garmin for directions though.

#5 User is offline   vinnie_A 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

@bonaccij: This is every app 5s & 5c users should have — Apple's productivity apps are free for new phones and download automatically to the phone. Everything else mentioned here isn't a "standard" app and you have to seek it out.

#6 User is offline   bonaccij 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

@vinnie_A That was exactly my point. Evernote isn't actually a standard application - nor for that matter are the Apple Apps. For the record, everyone on my team got a new iPhone 5S and none of us were presented with the "Download These Apps" which are supposed to include the Apple productivity suite. We thought that was odd, especially since we all set ours up as brand new devices.

#7 User is offline   IamSerge 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5.
Awful.
Very slow.
Very heave (700MB) as it must be backward comparable.
Ugly inconsistent interface.
3rd party software still use the old style keyboard.
My music collection is gone.
Most of my iTunes music is greyed out as I never payed for that.
Boooooooo, very very boooooooo.

#8 User is offline   saoir 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

"Moves" broke with iOS7 and the update still doesn't work !

#9 User is offline   Serenity 

• Staff Editor
  • Group: Macworld Editorial

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

bonaccij said:

I'm surprised that the Apple productivity suite and/or Evernote are not mentioned in this review. You would think a productivity app would be more "important" that, say, Vine...

No Apple apps are mentioned, as you might notice. This is all about third-party apps. As for Evernote, though it's a fantastic program, I don't think it's an app *every* iPhone user needs to own.

saoir said:

"Moves" broke with iOS7 and the update still doesn't work !

Working just fine on my iPhone 5s.

agree499 said:

I'm surprised the Netflix app is on the list considering the number of comments on the App store site there are saying it doesn't work at all under IOS7.

Netflix is working normally on staff iPhones (5s, 5c, 5). It's possible it might have some troubles with older devices.

#10 User is offline   egis 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Really surprised that you failed to mention Waze. This app, now part of the Google ecosystem, enhances Google Maps and makes Waze itself far more useful to navigation buffs world wide.

egis

#11 User is offline   nipdraggon 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Uh, Evernote?

#12 User is offline   what 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Only get Reeder 2 if you want crappy customer support. I don't mind paying for apps but one would expect at least an average level of support. I had a problem with Reeder previously. I emailed and tweeted developer multiple times. After a few months, I figured out the issue on my own and tweeted about it. Other users then began sending ME messages asking ME how to fix the problem. Reeder lost me not only because it was late to the game on all platforms when Google Reader closed, it lost me because of the crap customer support.

#13 User is offline   SellMyMobile 

• Pip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

bonaccij said:

I'm with you on this one, I tend to use Evernote on a daily basis, couldn't live without it!

#14 User is offline   SockRolid 

• PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

IamSerge said:

I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. Awful. Very slow. [blah blah blah]

My experience is exactly the opposite. "Snappier," better battery life, fresh clean interface. But hey, it's a free country. Everyone is entitled to their own trolls, er, opinions.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users