Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Main Apple ID email forwarding to a different email address? - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Main Apple ID email forwarding to a different email address?

#1 User is offline   Mark 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm looking for assistance in finding out if the email associated with my main Apple ID can be forwarded to another email address like my personal iCloud email address. I created that Apple ID and hence the associated email address long ago. This Apple ID is shared with multiple family members, but I'm the only one who needs the associated emails from it. It would be a lot more convenient for me that way, rather than having to monitor two different email accounts. Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   Mark 

• Pip

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostMark, on 25 September 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

I'm looking for assistance in finding out if the email associated with my main Apple ID can be forwarded to another email address like my personal iCloud email address. I created that Apple ID and hence the associated email address long ago. This Apple ID is shared with multiple family members, but I'm the only one who needs the associated emails from it. It would be a lot more convenient for me that way, rather than having to monitor two different email accounts. Any ideas?

Anybody have any ideas??

#3 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

That will really depend on the email system for that email address. Most email accounts usually have an ability to forward emails to another address.

#4 User is offline   Mark 

• Pip

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

View Postsmax013, on 28 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

That will really depend on the email system for that email address. Most email accounts usually have an ability to forward emails to another address.

Thanks - I didn't even think about that. I logged into the iCloud account for my main apple ID, created a rule for forwarding the email to the desired iCloud account, and that will solve the problem. Very easy. Thanks.

#5 User is offline   Roccomadsen 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

I completely agree that every email accounts usually do not have an ability to forward emails to another address, but if you have an icloud then it is possible with it.
-----------------
small business email options

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users