Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Gone Home review: Mac game is full of surprises--in all the best ways - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gone Home review: Mac game is full of surprises--in all the best ways

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Post your comments for Gone Home review: Mac game is full of surprises--in all the best ways here

#2 User is offline   billin 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

This is a fantastic game. Before playing, I had no idea what the game was about aside from the premise mentioned in the review, and I think my experience was incredibly richer for it. I was impressed with both the dread I felt wandering through the ominously empty house as well as the emotion I felt looking through all the random knickknacks that litter the home, telling so much about the family despite their mundane nature - letters, photos, books, tickets, even receipts. A standout part of the game was the journal entries read by the missing younger sister as you find various things throughout the house and gradually begin to understand what happened there. The voice actress for the younger sister, Sam, is absolutely stellar, totally inhabiting the character and making you believe that she's real. With ever entry you feel more and more attached to Sam and more invested in finding out where she is.

As the reviewer noted, $20 seems like a lot for such a short "game" (I don't even know if it can be called a game in the strictest sense), but I feel like it's the best $20 I've spent for such an emotional experience in a long time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users