Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: LONG time Mac Addict... but iOS 7 is Terrible ! :-( - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LONG time Mac Addict... but iOS 7 is Terrible ! :-(

#1 User is offline   flyingfadr 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

First, let me say, that I have been a LONG time Mac ADDICT... have owned most every Mac model since the Mac Plus, and have converted literally HUNDREDS of PC users to mac.

But, i hate to say it, but iOS 7 is TERRIBLE ! It took my Hi-tech looking iPhone, and turned it into an ugly Samdung phone ! The new apple "flat look" app icons look like cheap, infant toy icons. :-(

The Hi-tech looking iPod section of the phone now looks cheap and unfinished... the Hi-tech Gray, has been replaced by a cheap look. You used to be able to grab the play cursor and drag to a different section of the song easily... now it is almost NON-functional.... dragging the very diffictult red play line now stutters and most of the time does not move to a different section in the song.

The Bottom line, is that I have LOVED Apple products for MANY years, i bought an iPhone, because I wanted the BEST, most functional, and aesthetically pleasing phone there is... instead, my iPhone has been converted into a half non-functional, ugly Samdung... if I had WANTED a Samdung, I would have BOUGHT a Samdung...

PLEASE restore the superior look and feel back to the iPhone !

#2 User is offline   icerabbit 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Many users are displeased with how iOS7 looks and how some functionality was changed, and possibly omitted.

I hope you send your feedback to Apple via the feedback channel.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

#3 User is offline   species5618 

• PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Agreed. I have an older phone, which is the excuse I was given for its poorer functionality, but it looks awful and its responsiveness sucks (I have to keep stroking the screen multiple times to get the stupid interface to slide or I have to wait seconds before the stupid texting input responds to my typing, e.g.). I am sorry I "upgraded". Steve Jobs is gone and it shows.
How is it that the Left continues to harangue the Tea Party because a few nutcases were on display when they turn around and say we should not condemn Islam because of a few nutcases? ~ Glenn Bacon

#4 User is offline   dadinco 

• PipPip

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

I guess it depends on what you use your phone for.

Personally I liked it. But then again, iPhone 5 was my first apple product :unsure:

#5 User is offline   smax013 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

There are definitely aspects that I don't like, but overall I rather like it.

The one thing that really annoys me is the ability to swipe right in Safari to go back and swipe left to go forward a page. In concept the idea is nice, but I find that I frequently go back a page when I am just trying to move around on a page (keep in mind that many webpage are not designed for the small screen of a smartphone, so you have to zoom in and scroll to read things).

There are certainly places where the flat look frankly looks like crap, but there are other places where it is OK. I do think that they put form over function in some places. Probably my biggest complain of the flat look is that many app developers are following suit and they are generally WAY worse when it comes to form over function than Apple is…Apple usually still get the "function" part pretty good even if they focus on the look/form foremost.

I do like the improvements in Mail.

#6 User is offline   iRay 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

I actually got used to iOS7 quite fast. At first it seemed a little too colorful, but by now when I see s.o. on the subway using the 'old' iOS it seems so very un-modern. Also, I think the problem is just about the icons really, the UI of most apps is much more subtle and sleek. In a time of candy crush-overload a aligned my icons in one-color-rows... Works for me :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users