Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Frax for iOS review: Reveling in Mandelbrots and Julias anywhere - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frax for iOS review: Reveling in Mandelbrots and Julias anywhere

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Post your comments for Frax for iOS review: Reveling in Mandelbrots and Julias anywhere here

#2 User is offline   audioguy 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Only four and a half stars? Only? This masterpiece of an image app is, as you say, exquisite. That such a program can work on a handheld device is one of the wonders of our age. Get it. And if you react as I did, not more than 10 minutes will go by before you upgrade to the Pro version.

#3 User is offline   Petew 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

It's a 5 star app! Beautifully executed.

#4 User is offline   Link33 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

This reminds me strongly of the old Kai Power Tools for Photoshop back in the 90s. They had gorgeous renders similar to these.

#5 User is offline   Link33 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Link33 said:

This reminds me strongly of the old Kai Power Tools for Photoshop back in the 90s. They had gorgeous renders similar to these.

Duh. Just read the app info in the App Store: Kai Krause is credited with others.

#6 User is offline   Raymondo17 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

OMG! New software from Kai Krause, the biggest rock star the software industry has ever seen! (Kai's coolness factor makes Steve Jobs look like Bill Gates.)

Kai's Power Tools was one of the most creativity-enhancing pieces of software ever created. I look back at my early work as a graphic artist and it's clear how big a role KPT had in my work. I could never have created some of my early, award-winning pieces without it.

Diving into a new KPT release was always a mind-bending experience. Yes, the interfaces were often a departure from the norm, but once you got used to them, oh the places you could go. It was like an LSD trip, just without the mind-altering substances.

Like an ex-hippy extolling the Summer of Love, if you're a graphic artist and you missed the mid-90s and the magical Kai Krause, you truly missed something special.

I am incredibly eager to revisit those heady days of KPT software and take another creative journey with Kai Krause and Frax!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users