Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: It's the little things: What we like and don't like in iOS 7 - Macworld Forums

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's the little things: What we like and don't like in iOS 7

#71 User is offline   dm10003 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

like: keyboard shortcuts

Don't like: ipad mini screen cut off on edges of safari so tapping icons is a pain. Both apple products fur crissakes. : )

#72 User is offline   rcollins 

• Pip

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

another problem in control, maybe mentioned by others, is that when you swipe to close, or even tap to do it, you can unintentionally turn on bluetooth or turn on Do Not Disturb. there is sufficient room on the panel to move those icons out of the way.

I expect this done in the next update, or else...
R.

#73 User is offline   JoshuaThirteen 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I did't personally care, but apparently others did - apple has reverted spotlight to include web and wikipedia in 7.03. Personally I think elevating wikipedia to that status was a mistake in the first place. Not because of anything about WP as such, but because no one site should get that special treatment. An OS should just be above that sort of granularity. Also It creates an exaggerated reliance on and sense of importance of the site and harms the evolution of the web. It's wrong, I tells ya, - wrong!

#74 User is offline   SH22 

• Pip

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

My biggest problem with the IOS update is that you can no longer see your screen while using Siri.

For example, when I take a picture of a long complex set of text like a tracking number on a package etc. I can no longer see the information on the screen while dictating an email or text.

To me, this blurred background feature seems like something to wow customers at the Apple Store, but definitely is a *HUGE* drawback to the usefulness and convenience of having Siri.

#75 User is offline   DonC 

• Pip

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

see https://discussions....691866?tstart=0

anyone know an alternative mail client app that works with google, yahoo, and exchange?

#76 User is offline   kjlewis 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

I cannot believe that there hasn't been enough howling about the change in Calendar that removes the effectiveness of the List View, that Apple has not provided an update with a fix. The only view I used in Calendar is now gone. In addition, the process to add events is overly cumbersome compared to the previous version. Very disappointing, and a clear step backward by choosing form over function.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users