• Group: MW Bot

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Post your comments for Dealing with the quirks of iOS 7 here

#2 User is offline   redgeminipa 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I'm still waiting for the option to Delete when you select Mark All in Mail for iOS... (crickets)

#3 User is offline   nrmac 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

I HATE a lot of things about the new iOS, but especially the fact that the new calendar default view is daily. Is there a way to change the default setting back to monthly view? Anyone???

#4 User is offline   soxyfoxy 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

Since upgrading to iOS7 I am unable to send email from my phone. I can still receive it, but "send" generates an error message that the "sender address was rejected by the server". WTH???

#5 User is offline   soxyfoxy 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

PS - I can send email from other programs, but NOT iOS's native app.

#6 User is offline   fjpoblam 

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

nrmac said:

I HATE a lot of things about the new iOS, but especially the fact that the new calendar default view is daily. Is there a way to change the default setting back to monthly view? Anyone???

I find that on my iPad2 and my iPhone4S the Calender app retains the last view I was using last time I left (even after I reboot the device or swap out the app from multitasking). So even though it *first* starts in week view, just go to month view. It'll stay there forever as long as you leave it there when you exit the app.

#7 User is offline   fjpoblam 

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

soxyfoxy said:

Since upgrading to iOS7 I am unable to send email from my phone. I can still receive it, but "send" generates an error message that the "sender address was rejected by the server". WTH???

Just FWIW, are you with Hostgator? At about the same time iOS7 came out, Hostgator was swapping server IP addresses for some users. I know I had to change the server addresses on my mail account lest I get the same message as you're talking about...

#8 User is offline   miketreece 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

I am having a problem accepting some calendar invitations. One in particular, just sits there after I press ok. It has been in my calendar inbox for over a week. Others are accepting. This problem seems widespread from the message boards I have read.

#9 User is offline   delete 

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

And the UI quirks! http://sloppyui.tumblr.com/

#10 User is offline   Yosh007 

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Even after enlarging and bolding text, reducing motion, and changing background I still find the screens hard to read and gaudy. I'm convinced that OS7 was designed by a group of teenage girls in Cupertino.

#11 User is offline   jdb8167 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yosh007 said:

I'm convinced that OS7 was designed by a group of teenage girls in Cupertino.

Yup. Just remember that Apple is the stupidest $450B company ever. They never do anything right. Unless they design iOS 7 to suit you, they are doomed.

#12 User is offline   mrmcmanus 

• PipPip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

jdb8167 said:

Yosh007 said
I'm convinced that OS7 was designed by a group of teenage girls in Cupertino. Yup. Just remember that Apple is the stupidest $450B company ever. They never do anything right. Unless they design iOS 7 to suit you, they are doomed.

The text in iOS7 IS very light, and if you are fortunate enough to be able to read it without making adjustments, you are lucky. Some of us have a problem with it, and it is unkind of you to act like we are idiots.

#13 User is offline   Chris Breen 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

View Postmrmcmanus, on 02 October 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

jdb8167 said:

Yosh007 said
I'm convinced that OS7 was designed by a group of teenage girls in Cupertino. Yup. Just remember that Apple is the stupidest $450B company ever. They never do anything right. Unless they design iOS 7 to suit you, they are doomed.

The text in iOS7 IS very light, and if you are fortunate enough to be able to read it without making adjustments, you are lucky. Some of us have a problem with it, and it is unkind of you to act like we are idiots.

Moderator stepping in: Please tone it down on all sides. iOS 7 was designed by pros but it's imperfect in the eyes of many.

#14 User is offline   duncantho 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

As per instructions re 'When read mail isn't', I've put is:unread in the search box and selected all, but I'm not seeing any string of text about selecting all … conversations in inbox.

Why do I need to put nerdy text in the search box anyway? Shouldn't I be able to simply select all? Google doesn't make things easy.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users