Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Audyssey and LouderLogic review: Enhanced audio players make your iOS music sound better - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Audyssey and LouderLogic review: Enhanced audio players make your iOS music sound better

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Post your comments for Audyssey and LouderLogic review: Enhanced audio players make your iOS music sound better here

#2 User is offline   mspt 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I would put that last paragraph much closer to the top. I was all set to purchase Audyssey when I noticed your final aside. I stream *all* of my music from iCloud because putting even a decent amount of it on your iPhone turns your phone into an iPod-only monstrosity once more. A little more warning might help others who are in the same boat.

#3 User is offline   uruwuin 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

There's another app that's similar to Audyssey which may even sound better (I have both). It's called Accudio.

https://itunes.apple...d551297705?mt=8
https://itunes.apple...d553759905?mt=8

#4 User is offline   RobLewis 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

"I’m no audiophile, but I do know what sounds good to me"

Glad that's settled. But given that untrained ears are notoriously easy to fool when it comes to sound quality, I submit that maybe it would be appropriate to have actual audiophiles reviewing audio products. "Hey, sounds good to me" just isn't all that helpful, frankly.

And the fact that you describe compression as an "enhancement", when most of today's recordings have already been compressed literally to death, casts further doubt on your review.

#5 User is offline   jawefo2 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

mspt said:

I would put that last paragraph much closer to the top. I was all set to purchase Audyssey when I noticed your final aside. I stream all of my music from iCloud because putting even a decent amount of it on your iPhone turns your phone into an iPod-only monstrosity once more. A little more warning might help others who are in the same boat.

Don't worry. Macworld is wrong. Audyssey CAN play music stored in iCloud. I just double-checked to be sure. And Audyssey's app store description clearly says "The Audyssey Media Player will also play songs from iCloud after they are downloaded to your device." So I have no idea where Macworld got the idea that Audyssey can't "play those tracks at all."

Audyssey also solves the browsing problems with Apple's own Music app, as I explain here: www.jamisonfoser.com/blog/2013/09/how-apples-ios-7-is-a-disaster-for-music-lovers.html

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users