• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Macalope: Disappointment city

#29 User is offline   ulvazell 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

For all of the years of pronouncements of doom and gloom for Apple, they are still here and are still doing just fine. The extent of the hyperbole from the Apple haters is truly laughable. Hyperbole is not fact.

"Everybody wants a larger screen phone..."

Really? Does that include the 9 million people that purchased new iPhones the first weekend? Seems to me they missed the "everyone" amount by about 9 million. Truly laughable...

And that our culture has become so intellectually lazy that they will believe anything that is written without the least bit of intellectual skepticism is sad. Thank you Macalope for adding intellect and humor back into the equation.

Frankly I don't want a "phablet". I'll use my iPad if I need a larger screen. I want my phone to first and foremost be a phone. If it can do all of the other cool stuff that is simply a bonus...

#30 User is offline   Jacques42 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

ulvazell said:

"Everybody wants a larger screen phone..." Really? Does that include the 9 million people that purchased new iPhones the first weekend? Seems to me they missed the "everyone" amount by about 9 million. Truly laughable... And that our culture has become so intellectually lazy that they will believe anything that is written without the least bit of intellectual skepticism is sad.

I think you're making the same mistake here as TMF. Just because hit-wh... I mean pundits will write it doesn't mean that readers will believe it. Certainly, 9 million people don't.

#31 User is offline   DarrynLowe0qbv 

• PipPip

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Aren't the real investors of Apple the ones that buy their stuff?

If Apple left the stock market wouldn't they still like make massive profits and become self-sufficient to the point that Wall Street would have to commit suicide because there would be no massive players to manipulate their stocks in order to be profitable.

Here's a question. Isn't what Wall Street doing to Apple illegal? So how come no one has gone after them?

#32 User is offline   fryke 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Although I get how people say "9 mio people show that the iPhone's size is alright", it's a flawed argument in that people do not take every smartphone in their hands and then decide that 3.5"-4" is good for them and go with the iPhone. My guess and what I heard from _anyone_ choosing the iPhone is that they choose the iPhone and _then_ decide which size. Since "size" in iPhones basically means 16-64 GB and not 3.5-5.5 inches...

I'd really _love_ to see Apple introduce a 4.8" iPhone AND a 4" model, both with great new features. Having used an HTC one (4.7" FullHD display) for a while, I'm coming back to the iPhone. I'm not coming back for the size, though. I'd *LOVE* the HTC if it were running iOS.

#33 User is offline   Terryhatch 

• PipPip

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

The Motley Fool is usually 50% right in their investment predictions.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users