• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Long time user with apparently a quirk in the new IOS. The details:

IOS 7.0.2

iPhone 4s

iTunes 11.1.1

synced via Mac Pro Tower using 10.8.5

It appears as if a song purchased by one of my kids (Pitbull....God help me......) is in the Cloud as a purchase. When I look at my artists/albums/playlists/etc on the computer, it is NOT there. When I look on my device, it IS there. I have changed the settings on my iPhone under the iTunes & App Store settings to NOT show all purchases and the iTunes Match is turned off.

This made the little "cloud" icon disappear when I pulled the song up. Resyncing the device still left this song on the device. Trying to delete the entire music library and resyning the device did NOT work. The song is still there and CANNOT be removed.

The song is NOT on my computer. It does not show up when looking at the library to manually sync. I do notice that if I manually sync and remove all the songs, if I click "purchased" then the one song is added to the sync and this is that song I do NOT want. Seems rather odd that it cannot be removed.

I am certain that I am not the only one with this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It would be a great addition to iTunes to allow deleting of songs via the device.

#2 User is offline   tobiasfunke 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

After way too much time spent on this problem, the solution is this:

1) Go to Settings > Music > turn on "Show all music"

2) Open music app, and download all the songs that have the button next to it.

It should be a pink "cloud button". Hit all the download buttons you see to get the song out of the cloud and on the device.

3) After songs are download, swipe on the song you want to delete from right to left.

The download button will come back on, but ignore it.

4) Go back to settings, turn off "show all music"

5) The song will be gone

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users