Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Safari keychain issue

#1 User is offline   Jason_S 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

The new version of Safari no longer inserts my password but shows a message to click to insert my password… what a hassle… then there's the message that the website won't allow auto insert of password, that is until I switch to using Firefox which inserts the password automatically like the previous version of Safari.

if they do this to make surfing safer why allow to click to insert password at all, seems someone needed to justify their job or they never use websites that require passwords.

#2 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostJason_S, on 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

The new version of Safari no longer inserts my password but shows a message to click to insert my password… what a hassle… then there's the message that the website won't allow auto insert of password, that is until I switch to using Firefox which inserts the password automatically like the previous version of Safari.

if they do this to make surfing safer why allow to click to insert password at all, seems someone needed to justify their job or they never use websites that require passwords.

I've yet to see the click-to-insert behavior, but the other one is a reflection of Safari, by default, properly rendering the page as coded. Happily, I used the phrase "by default" by which you should infer that it can be changed. Open Safari's preferences and click on the Passwords tab. There's a checkbox that tells it not to respect that particular bit of HTML.

#3 User is offline   Jason_S 

• Pip

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postbastion, on 15 November 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

View PostJason_S, on 13 November 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I've yet to see the click-to-insert behavior, but the other one is a reflection of Safari, by default, properly rendering the page as coded. Happily, I used the phrase "by default" by which you should infer that it can be changed. Open Safari's preferences and click on the Passwords tab. There's a checkbox that tells it not to respect that particular bit of HTML.

FIXED. THANKS!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users