• You cannot reply to this topic

Application support folder issue

#1 User is offline   DrinkYourConcrete 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hello,
I'm new here

Just recently got a mac again after about 3 years of not having a computer so I'm still getting used to things

I'm having an issue with my application support folder.
I'm trying to find a folder where my saves for a game called Battle for Wesnoth are stored.

They should be in library/application support/wesnoth and two days ago i was able to find them, but now for some reason when I go to the app support folder it is not there, in fact a lot of my apps don't seem to be there now for some reason.
I didn't do any major system changes or anything, I installed a couple of internet poker clients but that's about it.
I tried deleting and reinstalling the game, but the app support folder doesn't seem to be showing it still.

Is there a way to create folders inside the application support folder manually?
I want to figure this out so that I can place replay files into the game folder and watch them through the game.
Finder doesn't seem to show me this folder either, so I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

anyway please let me know what I can do

thanks

#2 User is offline   wmckelvey 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostDrinkYourConcrete, on 17 November 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Hello,
I'm new here

Just recently got a mac again after about 3 years of not having a computer so I'm still getting used to things

I'm having an issue with my application support folder.
I'm trying to find a folder where my saves for a game called Battle for Wesnoth are stored.

They should be in library/application support/wesnoth and two days ago i was able to find them, but now for some reason when I go to the app support folder it is not there, in fact a lot of my apps don't seem to be there now for some reason.
I didn't do any major system changes or anything, I installed a couple of internet poker clients but that's about it.
I tried deleting and reinstalling the game, but the app support folder doesn't seem to be showing it still.

Is there a way to create folders inside the application support folder manually?
I want to figure this out so that I can place replay files into the game folder and watch them through the game.
Finder doesn't seem to show me this folder either, so I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

anyway please let me know what I can do

thanks

Remember there are 2 library folders. One at system level the other is at user level.

#3 User is offline   bastion 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postwmckelvey, on 17 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Remember there are 2 library folders. One at system level the other is at user level.

I expect you're on the right track, but to avoid confusion: There are (effectively) 3 library support folders. One at the root of the hard drive, one in the System folder and one in each user's home folder. As of Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) the one in users' home directories is hidden by default, and that's almost certainly the one that contains the Application Support folder used by this game. While the folder is hidden, there are a bunch of ways to get at it, including many listed in this MacWorld article. In 10.9, they added a checkbox in the view options (for the home folder) that toggle its visibility as well.

#4 User is offline   DrinkYourConcrete 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

View Postbastion, on 18 November 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

View Postwmckelvey, on 17 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

I expect you're on the right track, but to avoid confusion: There are (effectively) 3 library support folders. One at the root of the hard drive, one in the System folder and one in each user's home folder. As of Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) the one in users' home directories is hidden by default, and that's almost certainly the one that contains the Application Support folder used by this game. While the folder is hidden, there are a bunch of ways to get at it, including many listed in this MacWorld article. In 10.9, they added a checkbox in the view options (for the home folder) that toggle its visibility as well.

Thank you!

that was it, wouldn't have guessed that it was hidden lmao

the weird thing is that when i searched for it in finder three days ago i was able to find it, but not this time, so it started frustrating me a bit lol

anyways thanks again, looks like i'm gonna be here a lot as im learning how to use my new mac :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users