Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Decrease in performance after upgrading to Mavericks from Snow Leopard - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Decrease in performance after upgrading to Mavericks from Snow Leopard Very poor performnace after installing Mavericks / now disappointed

#1 User is offline   Agrello 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Last weekend I upgrade my McBook Pro (2.8 Core i7, RAM 4Gb, running Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

I also updated the firmware. Everything was succesful except for the performance after completing all the upgrade process.
Now the computer really hangs, the beach balloon apperas almost for nothing, even for opening the Finder or just viewing JPGs in the preview window.

Who else is also facing this problem with the performance ?

How can I improve the performance of my McBook Pro ?

#2 User is offline   wmckelvey 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostAgrello, on 19 November 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Last weekend I upgrade my McBook Pro (2.8 Core i7, RAM 4Gb, running Snow Leopard 10.6.8)

I also updated the firmware. Everything was succesful except for the performance after completing all the upgrade process.
Now the computer really hangs, the beach balloon apperas almost for nothing, even for opening the Finder or just viewing JPGs in the preview window.

It may be re-indexing your drive(s). If so it should return to normal in a few days after indexing has completed.

#3 User is offline   MacMex 

• Pip

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

View Postwmckelvey, on 19 November 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

View PostAgrello, on 19 November 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

It may be re-indexing your drive(s). If so it should return to normal in a few days after indexing has completed.

#4 User is offline   MacMex 

• Pip

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Do you have any check list to verify that the main settings are properly set?

One more question, how to review all the programs loaded into the RAM, perhaps there are some items that I could avoid.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users