Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Muse review: Mac app makes Pandora even easier - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Muse review: Mac app makes Pandora even easier

#1 User is offline   Macworld 

• Story Poster
  • Group: MW Bot

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Post your comments for Muse review: Mac app makes Pandora even easier here

#2 User is offline   MorrisTheCat 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

I've been using PandoraJam now for years and it does all this and more. In addition to almost everything above in Muse, PandoraJam lets users record songs right into iTunes, complete with metadata and album artwork, I'm not sure how that's actually legal, but the app's had that feature forever and no-one has come after them. Must have something to do with the music licensing that Pandora has with the labels? Not sure, but I have gigs of music in iTunes just from creating and listening to Pandora radio stations through the app.
It also lets you customize and use any keyboard shortcuts to control playback, rate thumbs up/down for songs and more. And, if you have one, you can set up an Apple Remote to control it.
It also supports Growl notifications for track changes, play/pause shifts, track ratings, etc.

The only advantage I see with Muse is that it allows you to stream to multiple Airplay devices. PandoraJam seems to only allow streaming to one, but that's no issue for me since I don't have any Air[play devices.

#3 User is offline   Petew 

• Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

@MorrisTheCat: bummer!
"There will no longer be any updates or fixes to PandoraJam, so at some point in the future the software will probably cease to function due to bugs and incompatibilities.  We are sorry for any inconvenience."
http://bitcartel.wor...ell-pandorajam/

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users