Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unchecking multiple songs in iTunes

#1 User is offline   Florio 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:27 AM

Is there any way to deselect/select (uncheck) multiple songs at once...
I have 28 gigs of music and only a 20gb ipod. It is becoming a huge hassle to uncheck songs one by one. I have a whole group that I want to uncheck at the same time?????
Any suggestions
Thanks,
florio

#2 User is offline   griffman 

• old friend
  • Group: Macworld Insiders

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:45 AM

Not that I'm aware of ... maybe the rumored iTunes update that may be announced tomorrow will solve the problem /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
-rob.

#3 User is offline   CountZero 

• PipPip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:27 AM

Apparently there is. My friend who wanted to do the same thing asked the Mac Genius when he had exchanged his defective iPod.
To select/deselect multiple tracks, just Command select them all then click on the column header of the checkbox (e.g. not the checks themselves). I haven't tried it myself but my friend told me it works.
You may want to give that a try, or some variation to this method.

#4 User is offline   Duke_Thomas 

• PipPip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:03 AM

In reply to:

To select/deselect multiple tracks, just Command select them all then click on the column header of the checkbox (e.g. not the checks themselves). I haven't tried it myself but my friend told me it works.

The checkbox is contained within the column for the song name, so there is no column header for it specifically. I just tried this, and clicking the "song name" column header sorts the songs by name, which is hardly the desired effect. Is that really what you meant?
You can hold down the command key and click on one of the checkboxes. If the checkbox is unchecked, all tracks in the current list of tracks will become checked. Similarly, if the box you command-click is checked, all songs shown will become unchecked.
I would naturally prefer a method where you could limit the scope of the action to just the selected songs, not all songs currently shown. (Yes, I know one may create temporary playlists.) If anyone knows a way to get CZ's hint working that would be neat!

#5 User is offline   CountZero 

• PipPip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:18 AM

Don't reply on my description as it has been awhile since I heard it from my friend and also I don't have iTunes to test it out right now... /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

#6 User is offline   CrecenS 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 11:48 AM

Easier yet, have you tried making a smart playlist and limiting it to 19GB? Then, you will get a full iPod with a random assortment of music. Since you like all the songs anyway, it doesn't matter what's really on there.

#7 User is offline   Nobody 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2004 - 09:02 PM

And yet even easier...get a bigger iPod. Of course the wallet takes a beating. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#8 User is offline   mcrudele 

• Pip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

This has always annoyed me, but here it is...
Select all of the songs of interest
Right click, 2-finger click, Apple Click, whatever to show the secondary action option window
Choose Check/Uncheck Selection
Marc Crudele
Atlanta, GA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users