• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

PhotoReviewer helps you prune your photo collection in a flash. [more]

#2 User is offline   Pelao 

• PipPip

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:53 AM

I don't find this any faster than using the iPhoto slideshow mode with the slideshow controls activated. You can vary how long each slide stays active and quickly delete the ones you don't want - and all from within iPhoto.

#3 User is offline   Dan Frakes 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:39 PM

In reply to:

I don't find this any faster than using the iPhoto slideshow mode with the slideshow controls activated. You can vary how long each slide stays active and quickly delete the ones you don't want - and all from within iPhoto.

One thing I didn't mention in the article was another benefit of pruning your photos before they ever get to iPhoto: Keeping your iPhoto Library clean and problem-free. Despite the advances Apple has made to iPhoto in the past few years, it still doesn't have the best library structure, and the fewer the pictures you bring in and out, the better. So I'm a big fan of only putting those photos into iPhoto that I actually want in iPhoto.
That being said, as for the speed, if you're only casually doing this type of thing once in a while, you may not care too much about the differences. But if you do this frequently, the advantages of PhotoReviewer -- in both speed and convenience -- quickly become clear. I find using iPhoto's slideshow to be great for viewing photos as a slideshow, but extremely limiting for quickly browsing photos to choose just those you want to keep.

#4 User is offline   Pelao 

• PipPip

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:47 AM

Dan,
You have a point - the iPhoto library structure is a bit, well, curious. Keeping it clean could assist in avoiding bugs in the long run.

#5 User is offline   sensel 

• PipPip

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

This is way more complicated then simply importing checked images only in Aperture. A dead simple procedure.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users